Reviews on Adorama and B&H legit?

3 years 5 months ago #700606 by Raymond Z
I recall reading about how many of the reviews on Amazon are not real.  What about on B&H and Adorama?  Are these legit?

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #700631 by Shadowfixer1
I would think so. I am always asked to review products I've purchased and it. There is also a label on each site that has each review labeled with "Verified Purchaser" or something similar.
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #700907 by CharleyL
I have bought from both for years and have been very happy with the transactions. Both have been good reputable companies to do business with. You might find some things at lower prices elsewhere, but you won't get the customer service that these two offer. I don't believe many of the negative reviews. My experience in dealing with them in the past is what keeps me going back. I buy many things from Adorama through Amazon because it's usually with fast free delivery since I'm a Prime member. I like the ability to do free returns through Amazon if the product isn't what I wanted or defective too.

Charley 

3 years 5 months ago #701298 by Stanly
My radar has never thought anything different.   They are smaller brands than Amazon, which has become the wild Wild West.  

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #701301 by Screamin Scott
I posted a negative review on B&H so you saying you don't believe any of the negative reviews on the site is a bit shortsighted...My review pertained to the delivery service they used...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #701511 by CharleyL
Scott,

I Said that I have no problem with B&H or Adorama, but I do have problems with FedEx dropping deliveries on the ground below my rural mailbox in the rain when the items are supposed to be delivered to the house. I've had some very soggy deliveries from several sources when they shipped FedEx.. This is a local driver issue, and not the seller's fault, so maybe you should contact your delivery company and complain to them. When I order from anyone now, I add delivery instructions to my order that says NOT to use FedEx.

At one time I was having USPS delivery problems, but constant complaints to the Postmaster resulted in a different delivery person, and no more problems. Some are lazy and won't go the extra effort if they can get away with a shortcut.

I recently had one Amazon driver who would not follow the delivery instructions on my packages. After a complaint to Amazon, no more delivery problems since then. I had to complain 2 times, on the days of the incorrect deliveries, but now the problem has been fixed. I buy a lot through Amazon, so I get a delivery or two several times a week.

Charley

3 years 5 months ago #701674 by henryp

Raymond Z wrote: I recall reading about how many of the reviews on Amazon are not real.  What about on B&H and Adorama?  Are these legit?

At B&H we work hard to make sure that reviews of the products we sell posited by customers on our site are legit. As far as reviews about us, they run the gamut. In general those posted to Trustpilot, Resellerratings and ShopperApproved are usually legit. 

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
B&H Photo-Video

3 years 4 months ago #703395 by photo-truth
Many of the positive reviews are from people who work at these companies. I'd be more inclined to believe the ones from Adorama, because they don't have an employee who's job it is to monitor forums and put a spin on anything negative - and then have other employees give their comments likes and such. A friend of mine who's in the know gave me some behind-the-scenes info. Fortunately, you can always buy from other camera stores.

3 years 4 months ago #703748 by henryp

photo-truth wrote: Many of the positive reviews are from people who work at these companies.

That's an assumption you seem willing to make despite the total lack of any proof. If B&H ever caught an employee manipulating customer feedback, the repercussions would be swift and severe. 

I'd be more inclined to believe the ones from Adorama, because they don't have an employee who's job it is to monitor forums and put a spin on anything negative

As a matter of fact they do. Her name is Nancy Miller. Her profile in another very popular forum is at  www.dpreview.com/members/9488034243/overview  
 -- Henry Posner / B&H Photo-Video

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
B&H Photo-Video

3 years 4 months ago #703758 by Jessy Page
:huh:

Photo Comments
3 years 4 months ago #703851 by Silver Fox
I've always considered the reviews on Adorama and B&H more sound than those on Amazon for example.  Amazon just seems like the wild wild west IMHO.

Photo Comments
3 years 4 months ago #703894 by Ian Stone
Whats with all these old B&H topics dug up?  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024