Selling camera gear to MPB

3 years 3 months ago #707331 by Hawkins
As I understand, they give me a quote for my gear, they pay for shipping back to their warehouse.  At which point they look over my gear and finalize offer.  My question is how accurate are they to start? Have you had them offer one thing, then only to reduce it upon inspection?  If so, who pays for shipping back if you don't want to accept?  

:thx2:

Photo Comments
3 years 3 months ago #707332 by Nikon Shooter
They won't buy blindly.

Sure, like for cars, there is the residual market value as
a starting point and the offer is maintained if the gear fits
the normal expectations for used gear in all aspects. Diffe-
rent aesthetic and other flaws will adjusted that offer upon
inspection.

Hawkins wrote: …who pays for shipping back if you don't want to accept?  

This last point in your question is most probably clarified
in their terms and conditions.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 3 months ago #707383 by Hawkins
Let me clarify, have you sold something to them that their original quote assessment was off?

Photo Comments
3 years 3 months ago #707388 by Nikon Shooter

Hawkins wrote: Let me clarify, have you sold something to them that their original quote assessment was off?

No. However, I was consultant for a major store and I gave them
recommendations about the condition of the gear… not all was
as declared.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 3 months ago #707435 by Fess Walker
Good company, they will give you a slightly less than private party value.  They need to offer a little less to make profit.  Trade off with dealing with company vs private party. 

Photo Comments
3 years 3 months ago #707447 by Tom Henry
Are these guys still offering a 6 month warranty?  Or did they stick with the 12 month that they offered a couple years ago?  

3 years 3 months ago #707495 by Chester Foster

Tom Henry wrote: Are these guys still offering a 6 month warranty?  Or did they stick with the 12 month that they offered a couple years ago?  

I only remember seeing a 12 month warranty last year or might have been the year before.  Actually I can't recall if it was these guys or KEH.

3 years 3 months ago #707607 by Malcolm Unger
Do they only sell USA gear in the USA and other items to their European locations?  Or does all of their gear head back to UK and then sold to where ever?

3 years 3 months ago #707647 by Owen
Only bought from these guys, happy with the purchase, shipping could have been quicker. 

Photo Comments
3 years 3 months ago #707672 by Little Kate
I just checked their site, their prices are close to new cost?

Photo Comments
3 years 3 months ago #707717 by Finn
Depends on the product, condition and demand.  But yes, higher demand items will be priced higher.  

Photo Comments
3 years 3 months ago #707761 by Pat White

Malcolm Unger wrote: Do they only sell USA gear in the USA and other items to their European locations?  Or does all of their gear head back to UK and then sold to where ever?

I was looking at their site this morning, it looks like all the stuff from the states heads to their warehouse here, and their overseas stuff stays at overseas location in UK.  

3 years 3 months ago #707859 by Randy Shaw
Wait, so which company has been around longer?  KEH or MPB?  

Photo Comments
3 years 3 months ago #707937 by Gammill
Only have bought from them, can't help you on the selling side.  

Photo Comments
3 years 3 months ago #707938 by Gammill

Randy Shaw wrote: Wait, so which company has been around longer?  KEH or MPB?  

Pretty sure KEH

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024