What is the oldest camera in your camera bag that you STILL use?

2 weeks 18 hours ago #714070 by Jackson Rieger
I noticed my profile on here still shows I have Nikon D300.  What is funny is that I've been using the Nikon Z7 for some time and before that the D800.  But I still have the D300 and use it! 

What about you?  What is the oldest camera you use on regular basis?  

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 weeks 17 hours ago #714075 by Nikon Shooter
When I converted my operation to digital some 9 years ago, I
purchased both the D3S and D3X. I added others cameras sin-
ce then but no other single digit bodies.

The two are used everyday for events, reportages, portraits etc,
my workhorses so to speak.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

2 weeks 2 hours ago #714108 by Nikon Shooter
ADDENDUM

The D850 is kinda "welded" to the long lenses as the
D810's are for studio use and on location works.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

1 week 6 days ago #714189 by Jerrid
Great question.  I have an original Canon 5D, which I still have and will use ever once in a while.  But let's be real here, it's an old camera, and it's only once in blue moon it's getting used.  

Photo Comments

1 week 6 days ago #714204 by CharleyL
Well, It's not in my camera bag, but on a shelf in my studio. My second digital camera was/is a Sony MVC-FD95 bought back in July of 2000. I've owned several other digital cameras since, but sold them. I'm now using a Canon 77D and considering a 90D. My in between cameras were Sony, Fuji, and Nikon, but I've now switched brands again, this time to Canon.

The old Sony is still here, and I still occasionally use it for quick shots, like Craigslist photos. I was given an external floppy disk drive that plugs into a USB port about 10 years ago, so getting the photos from the old Sony camera into my PC isn't as hard to do anymore. Before that I was keeping an old laptop with an internal floppy and Windows 2000 alive for the purpose. The Sony still does pretty good, if cropping isn't necessary, which is amazing for a 21 year old 1.7 megapixel digital camera. I paid about $1,200 for that Sony camera back in 2000. Keeping the Sony around helps me remember how far we have come in digital photo technology since then. 

Charley

1 week 5 days ago #714329 by Stanly
Nikon D700 and it's still going strong.

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments

1 week 4 days ago #714362 by Gammill
Nikon D810

Photo Comments

1 day 11 minutes ago #715254 by Ruby Grace
If you consider a Polaroid, then I have one from 1978 that actually still works.  What's funny is, that I just found this in my attic 3 weeks ago.  

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments

18 hours 7 minutes ago #715332 by fmw
Fuji E1.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III review, learn all about its specs, features, video capabilities, price, and more.

Apr 15, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G7 X II is a few years old now, but does it still hold up as a solid point-and-shoot camera in 2021? Let's find out!

Apr 14, 2021

The Sony a5000 is quite a few years old now, but it still offers specs and features that make it a good entry-level camera.

Apr 07, 2021

In this Panasonic DMC-FZ2500 review, learn about this camera's specs, features, video capabilities, price, and much more.

Apr 06, 2021
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

If you're like me, you have tons of old photos you need to sort through. This means you'll need to restore faded photos, cull bad photos, and backup digital files.

Apr 20, 2021

There are many ways to upgrade your camera - but typically they come at a cost. Try these budget-friendly photography accessories instead.

Apr 20, 2021

Losing photography clients might be the result of any number of mistakes you're making. Learn how to keep your clients happy with these tips.

Apr 19, 2021

Learning how to position lights for photography will give you the skills you need to take better quality portraits, products photos, and much more.

Apr 19, 2021

Using these street photography techniques, you'll learn how to improve the quality of your candid images and create color or black and white images that impress.

Apr 15, 2021

In this beginner photography gear guide, learn about the essential items you need in your kit to enhance your ability to take high-quality photos.

Apr 15, 2021

Use this real estate photography pricing guide to help you set your prices and earn a good living as a real estate photography expert.

Apr 15, 2021

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III review, learn all about its specs, features, video capabilities, price, and more.

Apr 15, 2021