Artpoint Albums??

3 years 1 week ago #714121 by Amy Porter
I noticed this company on the WPPI page, and like what I see, but their albums are made in Greece.  Which is fine and even has some attracting thought to "Made in Greece" but my concerns are from a customer service/shipping logistical stand point.  

If anything goes wrong, and needs to be fixed, shipping cost back and forth could get expensive.  Also, most likely the only time to reach this company will likely be bright and early before their work day is complete. 

Have any of you worked with this brand to confirm or suggest anything else to me?  

Photo Comments
3 years 1 week ago #714124 by Eric A
I've not heard of these peeps.  Do you have a website you can share?  

My Camera Bag:

Canon 7D | 50mm f/1.2 | 17-40mm f/4 | 70-200mm f/2.8 | 320EX | 580EXII

Photo Comments
3 years 1 week ago #714126 by Amy Porter
Sure, here you go  www.artpoint.gr/

Photo Comments
3 years 1 week ago #714127 by Eric A
Thanks Amy, actually my first Google search didn't find them, but I managed to change things up and was able to find their site.  I'm looking them over now.   

My Camera Bag:

Photo Comments
3 years 1 week ago #714128 by Eric A
From what I can see these guys have an interesting history.  You can find under the "About Us" section.  Actually I like their photo frames.  Hmmm, I need to run, but will circle back ground to these guys.  Thanks for sharing.  

My Camera Bag:

Photo Comments
3 years 1 week ago #714139 by Carlos
Not familiar either, looks like a pretty reputable company.  I'd guess they would have pretty speedy shipping as they are marketing themselves as a premium product.  I could be wrong.  

(2) Canon 7D, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 85mm f/1.8 USM, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 HSM, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6
Photo Comments
3 years 1 week ago #714275 by Frost Photography
Yep agree, they look nice, just have no experience of them.

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments
3 years 1 week ago #714283 by icepics
It's easy enough for someone to make products look good on a website. You can't take these things at face value.

The only address is a P.O. box in what's named 'Industrial Area' of a large city in Greece. They don't list a street address so who knows where they're actually located or if they print albums etc. themselves.

Much of the text seems to have been written by someone who doesn't speak English as their primary language. Glanced at the Terms and some of it made no sense to me, but if you use their site you're agreeing to their Terms.

I too think shipping/receiving products could be iffy at best. Shows they use DHL. Shipping and/or manufacture of products from companies in Europe (for another hobby of mine) getting out to shops is backed up for weeks.

There are plenty of places that print photo albums, so why use something like this? I'd wonder about quality and reliability.

Sharon
Photo Comments
3 years 1 week ago #714338 by Roy Wilson
:agree:    agree on some of the copy on the site.   But PO box isn't much of a red flag to me though.

Canon 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L Mark II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 85 1.8, 4 x 580 EX(II)
Photo Comments
3 years 1 week ago #714375 by Inez Villarin
Interesting, never seen this company either.  Looks like they are scheduled to be at WPPI this year.  I see them listed there.  I'll be checking them out if they are there.  

Photo Comments
3 years 1 week ago #714414 by Rick Larin
There are so many album companies out there.  But no, can't say I recognize this one either.  

Photo Comments
3 years 6 days ago #714467 by Photo Junky
+1, never heard of this company 

Photo Comments
3 years 6 days ago #714565 by Sassy Girl
I always want to see stuff before shipping to clients.  

Photo Comments
3 years 5 days ago #714655 by Owen
Well they look nice, but I just don't know squat about them. 

Photo Comments
3 years 2 days ago #714988 by Overread
I see them on WPPI as well.  Hmmm, interesting.  Well if they are traveling from Greece to U.S. for expo, might be legit company.   That's a healthy trek.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024