hghlndr6 wrote: See my avatar. I shot that without a front-facing screen. Here's how:
• Sitting in a chair between background and tripod-mounted camera.
• One bounced continuous light -- camera right, high.
• Measured distance from camera's focal plane to bridge of nose.
• Manual mode, manual focus.
• Set focus as close to that measured distance as you can and set aperture to achieve DOF focus on face but not on background. (Adjust camera to subject distance and/or subject to background distance to achieve that effect. If you need to adjust camera to subject distance, re-measure.)
• Put a grey card in the scene and meter that.
• Shutter release with IR remote trigger.
• As NS said, frame loosely ... and plan on cropping.
The Panasonic Lumix FZ300 is an older camera, but has modern capabilities like 4K video that make it a great option for today's photographers.
The Sony Alpha 7c mirrorless digital camera is a compact full frame rig that is an excellent introduction to shooting with a full frame body.
In this Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless digital camera review, get the scoop on this camera's specs and features, and learn why it's a great beginner camera.
The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.
The new GoPro Hero 11 look exactly like its predecessor, but under the hood are a ton of changes, including a new sensor, that make the Hero 11 a major upgrade.
You can get a portrait print in any size you like, on various papers, and in multiple orientations. The question is, what’s best for your particular image?
By using wholesale photography products, you can offer your clients beautiful products and give them more choice while giving yourself room for a nice profit.
A lens pouch offers advantages over a camera bag, including easy access to gear for quick shots. In this guide, learn more about the benefits of lens pouches.
Holiday photo gifts come in all shapes and sizes and at many price points. Use this guide to help you discover interesting gift ideas for this holiday season.
With a budget of $250, you can buy all sorts of goodies for the photographer on your holiday shopping list.
This year's list of gifts for photographers under $500 includes a wide selection of gear the photographer on your list would love to have!
Which is best for you - the Canon M6 Mark II or the Canon M50 Mark II? Use this guide to help you decide!