Bride that hired me, now requiring that I'm vaccinated??

2 years 6 months ago #725800 by Miss Polly
Are there any laws being broken?  I've been booked for 3 months from this client.  Today they called and stated that I need to be vaccinated.  I'm wearing a mask, so I don't see why I need too.  Are there any laws getting broken here?  

Photo Comments
The topic has been locked.
2 years 6 months ago #725802 by Nikon Shooter
Personally, since I'm working with and for people, I got the two
Moderna shots whatever the prescriptions are… common sense.

You will be as vulnerable as dangerous if you are not… be safe.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
2 years 6 months ago #725804 by Miss Polly
Common sense?  It's my choice and body, I strictly  where mask and sanitize just about everything I come in contact with.  I think I'm using more common sense than most when it comes to this.  However I don't feel anyone should be pressured into getting this vaccination.  If you got it, good for you, your body.  If you don't want it, that's your choice.  Putting aside this vaccination, you are following CDC protocol... You shouldn't be discriminated from work regardless where you stand. 

Photo Comments
2 years 6 months ago #725808 by Nikon Shooter
"It's my choice and body…" and life!

I glorify individualism, freedom of choice in everything EXCEPT in social
and community health and well being of families, clans, tribes, societies
and global civilisation.

I watch Canadian and US news every day and too many people got sick
regretting not to be vaccinated in both countries.

Aren't you happy you got vaccinated at school for all those diseases that
threatened your childhood… and the rest of your life? Just my two cents.

Photo Comments
2 years 6 months ago #725809 by CharleyL
My wife and I received both of our Pfizer shots back in March, and I made appointments for us to get our booster shots in early November just this past Monday. We are still wearing masks whenever out in public too, and limiting our travel to absolutely necessary trips out for food, etc. We are both in our late 70's and have both had heart surgery, me with 7 so far. I firmly believe that getting COVID-19 would be a death sentence for us. We sanitize the handles of our shopping carts as well as our hands often whenever we do go out. 

We could beat COVID if everyone got their COVID shots. It's continuing to be a problem because of those who won't. Why risk your life to this terrible illness. I've lost three of my closer friends because they got COVID before the vaccines were readily available. One of my very closest friends, who played Santa Claus at our local park every year, caught the virus a few days before last Christmas, went to the ER on January 4, and died on January 14. I had been his official photographer.

Charley

2 years 6 months ago #725811 by Nikon Shooter

CharleyL wrote: I firmly believe that getting COVID-19 would be a death sentence for us.

Keep doing what you are doing and how you are doing it…
I'd rather talk with you than talk about you, Charley.  :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
2 years 6 months ago #725819 by Nikon Shooter

Miss Polly wrote: You shouldn't be discriminated… regardless where you stand. 

Well, you would by me. 

I endorse — and will defend — your personal freedom as long as YOU are
concern. However, in a pandemic situation, there is no more YOU nor ME
but there is a US and that scrapes away personal privileges in that regard.

Respectfully.

Photo Comments
2 years 6 months ago #725823 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Miss Polly

And may I also respectfully join the discussion :)

For me in Downunder-land, I have been very saddened over the last 2-yrs at the US's politicisation of the entire covid business. It has caused thousands of unnecessary deaths across what supposedly is the world's greatest nation ... sadly now an empire in decline

You are quite correct in saying "your body - your decision" and the same applies to me too. Over recent years I have been faced with varying medical situations (ps- I am in my mid-70s) - some I have accepted and followed through, others I have decided not to bother with. The "problem" as I see it now is that this Delta strain of the virus is highly transmissible via the air we breathe.

20 yrs ago Sydney in eastern Australia hosted the Olympics ~ no doubt you will remember some of those images on the TV. However, back in mid-june 2021 Sydney received the Delta virus from a visiting airline crew member ... it has been well documented. Now after 3 months of trying to control its spread, there have been 60,000 recorded and medically documented cases of innocent people across the city who have caught it. Some observers state that 'if the gov't had not asked residents to wear masks and stay home unless going shopping or to work' ... and then 'to get vaxxed once the vaxxes were readily available' - some say that our numbers could have quadrupled. Which then becomes an image similar to the US cases

The Aussie federal gov't has said that 'people have the right to be free to make their own choices, but employers have an obligation to keep their staff and visitors "free from harm" ', As such, employers are permitted to make rules for their staff and visitors ... shops for years have had signs out 'your bags must be available for inspection' - and - employers in some industries have the right to insist on safety regimes -including vaxxes- for their staff as needed

So- back to you ... it is quite probable that your mask wearing would be okay ~ but then maybe-not. There is nothing to be seen as this damn Delta spreads around us. The inconvenience of mask wearing and lining up for a vax shot is much less than being hospitalised should the worst happen.

ps- Here is a link to our ABC news site if you (or others) wish to follow up (no cost / no signup needed to view)
www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-09/watch-syd...21-seconds/100514032
How a COVID-19 outbreak changed Sydney

Hope this helps
Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

2 years 6 months ago #725894 by Miss Polly
I'm traveling and only have phone, will respond a bit later, thank you for your responses!  

Photo Comments
2 years 6 months ago #725897 by TCav
Vaccines are the safest medical procedure ever devised.

Get the shot.

Have you considered that it might be the venue requiring everyone to be vaccinated? Not being vaccinated might keep you from working at that venue ever again.

Get the shot.

"in every well ordered society charged with the duty of conserving the safety of its members the rights of the individual in respect of his liberty may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand" and that "[r]eal liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own [liberty], whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others." - Justice John Marshall Harlan, Jacobson v. Massachusetts

It's not just your body.

Get the shot.

2 years 6 months ago #725944 by Chris Briggs
Yeah, while I agree the whole pressure to get a shot is BS.  I don't care what some say, it IS your body.  That said, my body, I did get vaccinated.  That's me, I was OK with that.  However I don't agree you should be forced to do anything, and you shouldn't be be shunned by society either.  

Photo Comments
2 years 6 months ago #725945 by TCav

Chris Briggs wrote: ... it IS your body.

It's not JUST your body.

2 years 6 months ago #725949 by Nikon Shooter
Thinking of back covid19 v.1, I was not be so insisting on "general" vaccination,
but it did not stop there.

Mother nature is always trying new things… like mutations. Luckily, most of them 
are not viable — so not dangerous in anyway. Given time though, she will succeed
and she did! With up to four known variants which includes the deadliest of them all
at this point: the delpha variant is the most lethal version yet. Don't give any future
variants time to prove as much or even more lethal.

It is no longer a matter of individual considerations but of community priorities. No
longer a matter of freedom but of time… Take the time you still have and go for it. :)

Photo Comments
2 years 6 months ago #725950 by Chris Briggs

TCav wrote:

It's not JUST your body.

With all respect, yes it is.  I get what you are saying, don't get me wrong... but it is YOUR body.  There are constitutional rights that didn't account for something like this that give you certain freedoms.  But again, when the constitution was written, things were different.  If you want to mesh in with society, like what I did, you need to get the shot.  However if you are good NOT getting the shot, you shouldn't need to.  However just be ready that you might not be able to mesh with certain parts of society.  

Photo Comments
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #725955 by TCav

Chris Briggs wrote:

TCav wrote:

It's not JUST your body.

With all respect, yes it is.  I get what you are saying, don't get me wrong... but it is YOUR body.  There are constitutional rights that didn't account for something like this that give you certain freedoms. 

WRONG! Jacobson v. Massachusetts! Look it up!

And, FYI, vaccinations predate the US Constitution.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024

A small camera backpack is the perfect vessel for carrying your photography kit. The problem is there’s so many to choose from! Use this guide for details on three top choices.

Apr 04, 2024

In the great Canon R6 vs R6 Mark II, which one is best? Is it the original, groundbreaking R6 or the mildly updated and newer R6 Mark II? Let’s dive in and find out!

Apr 03, 2024