Bride that hired me, now requiring that I'm vaccinated??

2 years 5 months ago #726362 by TCav

Screamin Scott wrote: Unlike other vaccinations, it doesn't provide immunity but is supposed to lessen the symptoms and possibly death.

You should stop listening to whoever told you that.

The topic has been locked.
2 years 5 months ago #726363 by TCav

Screamin Scott wrote: ... Colin Powell had both shots and still got sick and died.

Colin Powell died because he had blood cancer which destroys the immune system. He'd have died whether he was vaccinated or not because someone in close contact with him wasn't vaccinated.

Who knows. Maybe if you had gotten your shot, Collen Powell would still be alive.

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #726404 by Screamin Scott

TCav wrote:

Screamin Scott wrote: Unlike other vaccinations, it doesn't provide immunity but is supposed to lessen the symptoms and possibly death.

I guess you don't follow the news? It's been widely noted on all media, TV, and print...That's why they say to still wear masks and social distance even after getting both vaccines ....

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #726405 by Screamin Scott

TCav wrote:

Screamin Scott wrote: ... Colin Powell had both shots and still got sick and died.

Colin Powell died because he had blood cancer which destroys the immune system. He'd have died whether he was vaccinated or not because someone in close contact with him wasn't vaccinated.

Who knows. Maybe if you had gotten your shot, Collen Powell would still be alive.

It seems you have a comprehension disability. I already stated that I've had both shots plus the booster. As for Colin Powell and the cause of death, maybe lots of the other deaths attributed to Covid were where the person had other issues as well but since testing positive for COVID that was listed as the cause of death.. The other deaths listed as being due to Covid may have also been due to other underlying conditions as well, thus maybe the death count has been inflated? Still, Colin was fully vaccinated yet still got the disease and died from it. BTW, I'm still awaiting the link to the peer-reviewed study that backs up your percentage claims...Face it, this disease is new and there are no definitive long-term studies as to its effects. The CDC revises its guidelines on a daily basis. Plus this is a new type of vaccine, unlike the ones we got as children...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #726406 by Nikon Shooter

TCav wrote: This whole thing would go away if everybody just got the shots. It's gone on as long as it has because we're not there yet. It's not likely to go away until we do.

The best scenario is a planet wide immunity and that comes from vaccination.
Each vaccinated individual becomes a dead end in the chain of transmission.
Ultimately, no transmission is equal to no variant either.

Pandemic dramas happened many times in history but now we can fight back.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: TCav
2 years 5 months ago #726412 by TCav

Screamin Scott wrote:

TCav wrote:

I guess you don't follow the news? It's been widely noted on all media, TV, and print...That's why they say to still wear masks and social distance even after getting both vaccines ....

There's so much that is wrong there, so I'll just try to cover the high points.

What's been widely noted is that the vaccine DOES provide significant immunity, but not absolute immunity.

What's also been widely noted is that masks don't protect the wearer as much as they protect others that the wearer might come in contact with. While someone who's been vaccinated is unlikely to contract COVID, they may still be able to spread it if they've recently been exposed to someone who has it. That's why operating room staff wear masks: So they don't exhale their own germs into the open body of the surgery patient, NOT so they don't inhale germs.

It's unfortunate that you misunderstand this as much as you do. I hope that you'll expand your sources of information, or at least reexamine the ones you currently use.

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #726415 by TCav

Screamin Scott wrote: It seems you have a comprehension disability. I already stated that I've had both shots plus the booster.

I'll presume that you're new at this, and don't understand that is NOT just a conversation between you and me. It's available to everyone. When I respond to your comment, I only address the points you made in that comment. I don't go back through all your previous comments to review the content and context they contain.

Anyone who understands that will recognize and avoid attempts to just be confrontational and insulting.

2 years 5 months ago #726449 by Ozzie_Traveller

Screamin Scott wrote: ........ Having had COVID only provides about 30% immunity. Having had a vaccine provides 70% to 90% immunity. This whole thing would go away if everybody just got the shots. It's gone on as long as it has because we're not there yet. It's not likely to go away until we do........

Unlike other vaccinations, it doesn't provide immunity but is supposed to lessen the symptoms and possibly death. That said, Colin Powell had both shots and still got sick and died. As for your percentage claims, where did you get those?

G'day fellas

a) ... this is maybe getting far away from the OP's thread (hint to mods)

b) There is enough international evidence from UK + EU + AU for the medical authorities to comment upon effectiveness and so on.  If US readers are not seeing these reports, maybe you need to swap your news sources to BBC / Reuters / AP / AAP rather than CNN or whomever is local and whomever only sees the scandals and mire

c) in AU we have had our share of "people in their 80s" who although dbl-vaxxed have died from an underlying issue (ie- old age) - but with- covid in their system.  Getting vaxxed does not imply perfect health ... a bit like telling yourself that a car with air-bags will always keep you safe as the car goes over the cliff and plunges down into the ravine (sort of thing)

Phil

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

2 years 5 months ago #726460 by Scotty
This thread has run it's course.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024