Getting scam calls from Amazon

3 months 4 hours ago #726733 by Roy Wilson
FYI, I've been getting scam calls from someone claiming an iPhone has been bought from my credit card on my Amazon account.  I didn't fall for this, but just sharing so others know.  

Beware and DON'T give any personal information.  If you have questions, call Amazon number listed on their site.  

Hope this helps!

Roy

Canon 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L Mark II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 85 1.8, 4 x 580 EX(II)
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 4 weeks ago #726747 by Rudy Sosa
Thanks for the heads up! 

Photo Comments

2 months 4 weeks ago #726828 by Ian Stone
It's that time of the year, all the dirt bags come out

Photo Comments

2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #726832 by CharleyL
Any time that you get an email from Amazon, a Bank, Spectrum or your Internet provider, etc. Look closely at the sender's email address. If it doesn't end in the Company Website name it is not from them. It is a scammer. No matter what it says in the first part of their email address that "Implies" that they are from that company, the ending name in that email address is their company server. If the ending server name on the email says something else, it is a SCAM. Trash or report it.

I've been forwarding some of it back to the security departments of the actual companies that these emails claim to be from, and have been thanked for doing so. Just trashing does nothing to stop them. What I have done, seems to have made a difference, since they have never sent me anything again.

Charley

2 months 4 weeks ago #726833 by CharleyL
I received a phone call claiming to be Amazon last week and I was already on Amazon, so looked at my purchase history while on the phone with them. I then strung them along for a while before telling them what I was doing and told them that I was in the process of reporting their phone number to Amazon Security. They hung up quickly, and I did report them.

Charley

2 months 4 weeks ago #726843 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day all

People in Aus are receiving hundreds of calls daily from "DHL Delivery Services" regarding a package that needs some information double-checked so that they can undertake delivery !!

Gov't consumer-info sites have traced these calls back to India

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

2 months 4 weeks ago #726848 by Nikon Shooter
… cyber suckers! :nunu:  :nunu:  :nunu:

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

2 months 3 weeks ago #726887 by Garbo
Yeah, I'm getting a 2-3 calls a day from scammers.  

Nikon D300: 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 VR |Sigma 150 2.8 | 50 1.4 | SB-800
Photo Comments

2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #726897 by CharleyL
Only 2-3 ? They haven't found you yet.

My phone system has call blocking capability, and there are almost 300 blocked phone numbers in the list since April of this year. I added 4 more yesterday. Once on the list they can't use that phone number to call here again. It's getting much quieter here, since i got this new phone system. I can even block calls to my cell phone and report them. I wish the house phone allowed reporting, but only blocks the number. 

Don't ever open or reply to texts from unknown sources on your cell phones. It's likely the scam that steals your phone contact list out of your phone.

Charley

2 months 3 weeks ago #726941 by Andrew AG
Package theft season is here as well, don't leave your packages unattended long.  

Photo Comments

2 months 3 weeks ago #726952 by Patrick G
Bump for awareness!  

Photo Comments

2 months 3 weeks ago #727112 by Adam Nagle
AMEX just sent out notice to protect around holidays, it's that sort of season  :(  

Photo Comments

2 months 3 weeks ago #727195 by Tony Imaging
Horrible people to create these scams

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #727238 by Storz
Scum balls, and the people that take from your porch.   :angry:

2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #727306 by Overread
Did you see that video from that engineer who made a glitter bomb for the porch thieves?  You should look it up on YouTube, well worth the watch.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

This Fujifilm X-Pro 2 vs X-Pro 3 comparison review explores the similarities and differences between these cameras so you can decide which best fits your needs.

Dec 13, 2021

The Nikon D3X is a 13-year-old high-end camera. The question is, does it still have what it takes to be a pro-level camera in 2021? The answer might surprise you.

Nov 19, 2021

The Canon EOS Rebel SL1 was the smallest DSLR on the market when it came out in 2013. Is it still a decent option for photographers in 2021? Let's find out!

Nov 04, 2021

The Nikon D4 is nearly a decade old, but despite its age, it still offers a lot of features and benefits for professional and amateur photographers alike.

Nov 03, 2021

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS Cinema lineup of cameras has plenty of options for videographers. Which ones are best for you? Use this guide to find out!

Jan 21, 2022

There are many excellent used Sony cameras that you can choose from. The question is, which one is best? Check out this buyer's guide to find out!

Jan 19, 2022

You don't always need a full-sized camera tripod. In those situations, a universal camera tripod alternative is a great tool to have.

Jan 17, 2022

Not sure how to hang a photo? Use this quick beginner's guide to get some great tips for making your photos look great on your wall.

Jan 14, 2022

There are many types of cameras used for photography, from small point-and-shoot cameras to full frame professional mirrorless. Learn what type of camera might be best for you!

Jan 13, 2022

The U.S. is home to dozens of national parks. But which are the best national parks for photography in the Pacific Northwest? We give some great suggestions in this travel guide.

Jan 12, 2022

Creating beautiful landscape photography requires planning, the right gear, and, of course, skill. Learn more about capturing beautiful landscapes in this guide.

Jan 12, 2022

The RØDE VideoMic GO II is here, and it's packed with features that make it an ideal audio option for new, intermediate, and advanced videographers.

Jan 11, 2022