Getting scam calls from Amazon

10 months 4 weeks ago #726733 by Roy Wilson
FYI, I've been getting scam calls from someone claiming an iPhone has been bought from my credit card on my Amazon account.  I didn't fall for this, but just sharing so others know.  

Beware and DON'T give any personal information.  If you have questions, call Amazon number listed on their site.  

Hope this helps!

Roy

Canon 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L Mark II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 85 1.8, 4 x 580 EX(II)
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 4 weeks ago #726747 by Rudy Sosa
Thanks for the heads up! 

Photo Comments

10 months 3 weeks ago #726828 by Ian Stone
It's that time of the year, all the dirt bags come out

Photo Comments

10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #726832 by CharleyL
Any time that you get an email from Amazon, a Bank, Spectrum or your Internet provider, etc. Look closely at the sender's email address. If it doesn't end in the Company Website name it is not from them. It is a scammer. No matter what it says in the first part of their email address that "Implies" that they are from that company, the ending name in that email address is their company server. If the ending server name on the email says something else, it is a SCAM. Trash or report it.

I've been forwarding some of it back to the security departments of the actual companies that these emails claim to be from, and have been thanked for doing so. Just trashing does nothing to stop them. What I have done, seems to have made a difference, since they have never sent me anything again.

Charley

10 months 3 weeks ago #726833 by CharleyL
I received a phone call claiming to be Amazon last week and I was already on Amazon, so looked at my purchase history while on the phone with them. I then strung them along for a while before telling them what I was doing and told them that I was in the process of reporting their phone number to Amazon Security. They hung up quickly, and I did report them.

Charley

10 months 3 weeks ago #726843 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day all

People in Aus are receiving hundreds of calls daily from "DHL Delivery Services" regarding a package that needs some information double-checked so that they can undertake delivery !!

Gov't consumer-info sites have traced these calls back to India

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

10 months 3 weeks ago #726848 by Nikon Shooter
… cyber suckers! :nunu:  :nunu:  :nunu:

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

10 months 3 weeks ago #726887 by Garbo
Yeah, I'm getting a 2-3 calls a day from scammers.  

Nikon D300: 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 VR |Sigma 150 2.8 | 50 1.4 | SB-800
Photo Comments

10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #726897 by CharleyL
Only 2-3 ? They haven't found you yet.

My phone system has call blocking capability, and there are almost 300 blocked phone numbers in the list since April of this year. I added 4 more yesterday. Once on the list they can't use that phone number to call here again. It's getting much quieter here, since i got this new phone system. I can even block calls to my cell phone and report them. I wish the house phone allowed reporting, but only blocks the number. 

Don't ever open or reply to texts from unknown sources on your cell phones. It's likely the scam that steals your phone contact list out of your phone.

Charley

10 months 3 weeks ago #726941 by Andrew AG
Package theft season is here as well, don't leave your packages unattended long.  

Photo Comments

10 months 3 weeks ago #726952 by Patrick G
Bump for awareness!  

Photo Comments

10 months 2 weeks ago #727112 by Adam Nagle
AMEX just sent out notice to protect around holidays, it's that sort of season  :(  

Photo Comments

10 months 2 weeks ago #727195 by Tony Imaging
Horrible people to create these scams

Photo Comments

10 months 2 weeks ago #727238 by Storz
Scum balls, and the people that take from your porch.   :angry:

10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #727306 by Overread
Did you see that video from that engineer who made a glitter bomb for the porch thieves?  You should look it up on YouTube, well worth the watch.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic Lumix FZ300 is an older camera, but has modern capabilities like 4K video that make it a great option for today's photographers.

Sep 13, 2022

The Sony Alpha 7c mirrorless digital camera is a compact full frame rig that is an excellent introduction to shooting with a full frame body.

Aug 25, 2022

In this Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless digital camera review, get the scoop on this camera's specs and features, and learn why it's a great beginner camera.

Jul 05, 2022

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The new GoPro Hero 11 look exactly like its predecessor, but under the hood are a ton of changes, including a new sensor, that make the Hero 11 a major upgrade.

Sep 22, 2022

You can get a portrait print in any size you like, on various papers, and in multiple orientations. The question is, what’s best for your particular image?

Sep 21, 2022

A lens pouch offers advantages over a camera bag, including easy access to gear for quick shots. In this guide, learn more about the benefits of lens pouches.

Sep 19, 2022

Holiday photo gifts come in all shapes and sizes and at many price points. Use this guide to help you discover interesting gift ideas for this holiday season.

Sep 19, 2022

With a budget of $250, you can buy all sorts of goodies for the photographer on your holiday shopping list.

Sep 16, 2022

This year's list of gifts for photographers under $500 includes a wide selection of gear the photographer on your list would love to have!

Sep 15, 2022

Which is best for you - the Canon M6 Mark II or the Canon M50 Mark II? Use this guide to help you decide!

Sep 15, 2022

The Panasonic Lumix FZ300 is an older camera, but has modern capabilities like 4K video that make it a great option for today's photographers.

Sep 13, 2022