Getting scam calls from Amazon

2 years 5 months ago #726733 by Roy Wilson
FYI, I've been getting scam calls from someone claiming an iPhone has been bought from my credit card on my Amazon account.  I didn't fall for this, but just sharing so others know.  

Beware and DON'T give any personal information.  If you have questions, call Amazon number listed on their site.  

Hope this helps!

Roy

Canon 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L Mark II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 85 1.8, 4 x 580 EX(II)
Photo Comments
2 years 5 months ago #726747 by Rudy Sosa
Thanks for the heads up! 

Photo Comments
2 years 5 months ago #726828 by Ian Stone
It's that time of the year, all the dirt bags come out

Photo Comments
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #726832 by CharleyL
Any time that you get an email from Amazon, a Bank, Spectrum or your Internet provider, etc. Look closely at the sender's email address. If it doesn't end in the Company Website name it is not from them. It is a scammer. No matter what it says in the first part of their email address that "Implies" that they are from that company, the ending name in that email address is their company server. If the ending server name on the email says something else, it is a SCAM. Trash or report it.

I've been forwarding some of it back to the security departments of the actual companies that these emails claim to be from, and have been thanked for doing so. Just trashing does nothing to stop them. What I have done, seems to have made a difference, since they have never sent me anything again.

Charley

2 years 5 months ago #726833 by CharleyL
I received a phone call claiming to be Amazon last week and I was already on Amazon, so looked at my purchase history while on the phone with them. I then strung them along for a while before telling them what I was doing and told them that I was in the process of reporting their phone number to Amazon Security. They hung up quickly, and I did report them.

Charley

2 years 5 months ago #726843 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day all

People in Aus are receiving hundreds of calls daily from "DHL Delivery Services" regarding a package that needs some information double-checked so that they can undertake delivery !!

Gov't consumer-info sites have traced these calls back to India

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

2 years 5 months ago #726848 by Nikon Shooter
… cyber suckers! :nunu:  :nunu:  :nunu:

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
2 years 5 months ago #726887 by Garbo
Yeah, I'm getting a 2-3 calls a day from scammers.  

Nikon D300: 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 VR |Sigma 150 2.8 | 50 1.4 | SB-800
Photo Comments
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #726897 by CharleyL
Only 2-3 ? They haven't found you yet.

My phone system has call blocking capability, and there are almost 300 blocked phone numbers in the list since April of this year. I added 4 more yesterday. Once on the list they can't use that phone number to call here again. It's getting much quieter here, since i got this new phone system. I can even block calls to my cell phone and report them. I wish the house phone allowed reporting, but only blocks the number. 

Don't ever open or reply to texts from unknown sources on your cell phones. It's likely the scam that steals your phone contact list out of your phone.

Charley

2 years 5 months ago #726941 by Andrew AG
Package theft season is here as well, don't leave your packages unattended long.  

Photo Comments
2 years 5 months ago #726952 by Patrick G
Bump for awareness!  

Photo Comments
2 years 5 months ago #727112 by Adam Nagle
AMEX just sent out notice to protect around holidays, it's that sort of season  :(  

Photo Comments
2 years 5 months ago #727195 by Tony Imaging
Horrible people to create these scams

Photo Comments
2 years 5 months ago #727238 by Storz
Scum balls, and the people that take from your porch.   :angry:

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #727306 by Overread
Did you see that video from that engineer who made a glitter bomb for the porch thieves?  You should look it up on YouTube, well worth the watch.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024