Need taller adjustable rod for Octopad stand

1 month 3 weeks ago #728416 by Steve Zahra
I just picked up one of those Octopad stand things and really like it so far.  But the video I saw showed the owner of this site will a longer rod that he screwed into this.  I'd like to try to find something that is 5-6' in length.  Can you help me out please?   Thank you!

Steve

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 2 weeks ago #728428 by Moe
Look on Amazon for GoPro selfie stick

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #728501 by Sanford
Actually you'll want to enter "1/4" selfie stick" so you can get something you can screw into that Octopad.  I bought one a few months ago and found an extension rod on Amazon for $13 bucks.   

Photo Comments

1 month 6 days ago #728975 by Office Guy
I use one that came with my Insta360.  It's only about 3' long, but it works for all my needs.   

Photo Comments

1 month 5 days ago - 1 month 5 days ago #729092 by Ian Stone
Don't have one for mine, but only use for my point and shoot camera, which I don't use often.  

Photo Comments

1 month 3 days ago #729144 by Finn
Oh dang, mine was bought from B&H years ago.  Can't recall the name, but it screws on to my Octopad when I need the added height.   

Photo Comments

4 weeks 2 days ago #729360 by J Photo Man
They should sell one as an option.  Honestly the base plate is super handy.  The ball head that it comes with, isn't something I have ever used.   I would rather see an extension included or offered.  That's my 2 cents.  

Photo Comments

4 weeks 1 day ago #729397 by Barbara Fite

Steve Zahra wrote: I just picked up one of those Octopad stand things and really like it so far.  But the video I saw showed the owner of this site will a longer rod that he screwed into this.  I'd like to try to find something that is 5-6' in length.  Can you help me out please?   Thank you!

Steve

5-6 feet tall on that small base, will it hold your camera without tipping over?

Photo Comments

4 weeks 1 hour ago #729424 by Brody Kross

Barbara Fite wrote:

Steve Zahra wrote: I just picked up one of those Octopad stand things and really like it so far.  But the video I saw showed the owner of this site will a longer rod that he screwed into this.  I'd like to try to find something that is 5-6' in length.  Can you help me out please?   Thank you!

Steve

5-6 feet tall on that small base, will it hold your camera without tipping over?

It will, you want the larger size one.  And assuming there are no strong winds.  It works perfectly.  If windy, I have a small sand bag I carry with me and that does the trick.

3 weeks 6 days ago #729459 by Tim Kelley
Anyone had anything larger than GoPro on one of these?  

Photo Comments

3 weeks 4 days ago #729525 by Scuba Mike
Anything large, will need to be close to the base, otherwise that will be tough to hold.

Photo Comments

3 weeks 4 days ago #729542 by Prago
I use mine with a 6" rod extension and it works perfectly.  

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments

3 weeks 2 days ago #729578 by Adam Nagle
Santa got me one of these.  Would any of you know how much weight the stock ball head can handle with this thing?  

Photo Comments

3 weeks 1 day ago #729633 by Ian Stone

Tim Kelley wrote: Anyone had anything larger than GoPro on one of these?  

I have small Canon point and shoot, while I don't use it often, it's great for doing portraits and quick shots.  If you do use with larger camera like this, depending on how high your extension is, what out for wind. 

Photo Comments

3 weeks 23 hours ago #729662 by Chris Briggs
Did you all get the smaller one or larger one?  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

This Fujifilm X-Pro 2 vs X-Pro 3 comparison review explores the similarities and differences between these cameras so you can decide which best fits your needs.

Dec 13, 2021

The Nikon D3X is a 13-year-old high-end camera. The question is, does it still have what it takes to be a pro-level camera in 2021? The answer might surprise you.

Nov 19, 2021

The Canon EOS Rebel SL1 was the smallest DSLR on the market when it came out in 2013. Is it still a decent option for photographers in 2021? Let's find out!

Nov 04, 2021

The Nikon D4 is nearly a decade old, but despite its age, it still offers a lot of features and benefits for professional and amateur photographers alike.

Nov 03, 2021
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Not sure how to hang a photo? Use this quick beginner's guide to get some great tips for making your photos look great on your wall.

Jan 14, 2022

There are many types of cameras used for photography, from small point-and-shoot cameras to full frame professional mirrorless. Learn what type of camera might be best for you!

Jan 13, 2022

The RØDE VideoMic GO II is here, and it's packed with features that make it an ideal audio option for new, intermediate, and advanced videographers.

Jan 11, 2022

There are many different choices for the best camera for product photography. Consult this guide to learn about some of the very best options.

Jan 11, 2022

Do you need some quality Nikon camera gear but don't want to break the bank? Check out these inexpensive Nikon accessories!

Jan 11, 2022

Not sure what the camera lens hood purpose is? In this guide, we'll dive deep into all things camera lens hood so you understand why they are a good investment.

Jan 07, 2022

If you're not sure what optical lens stabilization is or what it does, consult this quick guide that also dives into camera-based image stabilization.

Jan 06, 2022

If you're a Canon shooter and want to start traveling, consult this list of the best Canon camera for travel before you hit the road.

Jan 05, 2022