What's your first photo outing of 2022?

2 years 3 months ago #729815 by Carter Gledhill
Morning and Happy New Year!   Post up your first photo of 2022 or share when you are heading out for the first time in 2022!

Let's hope for a better year!

2 years 3 months ago #730054 by Gammill
This upcoming weekend!!  Crossing fingers for some gritty weather! 

Photo Comments
2 years 3 months ago #730258 by Mayo
Photographed my brothers kids last weekend, 3 boys and 1 girl 

Canon 5D - Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 | Canon 70-200 f/4L
Photo Comments
2 years 3 months ago #730409 by Ian Stone
A few friends and I have been shooting subway 'grit' so far in 2022.  

Photo Comments
2 years 3 months ago #730542 by Stanly
Photographing my daughters new little boy

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments
2 years 3 months ago #730645 by JaneK
Nothing worth making much fuss over, just a photo of the bay and fog here.  

Photo Comments
2 years 3 months ago #730725 by Jessy Page
If you consider hikes, then last weekend I went for a hike locally here and brought my camera.  I was hoping for for some wildlife or birds, the only bird I saw was a stinking crow.  

Photo Comments
2 years 3 months ago #730755 by Ottis
Photographed an engagement 

Photo Comments
2 years 3 months ago #730756 by Nikon Shooter
The town was asleep… I thought of going to the marsh.
Apparently, birds did not feel the change in the date! :P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
2 years 2 months ago #730835 by Miss Polly
It was Jan 4th, I had a small portrait session for a couple that recently got engaged.   

Photo Comments
2 years 2 months ago #730839 by CharleyL

Jessy Page wrote: If you consider hikes, then last weekend I went for a hike locally here and brought my camera.  I was hoping for for some wildlife or birds, the only bird I saw was a stinking crow.  

Actually crows, although not pretty colored, can be quite amazing to watch and photograph. They are quite intelligent, which is likely the source of the mischief that they can get into.

When young, I had a crow for a pet. I raised him from when he had no tail feathers and couldn't fly yet. He would follow me everywhere or sit on me like a parrot, when I let him. A photo session of a crow should be more for recording their humorous life style rather than their beauty. In cities, they drop nuts on the pavement and wait for the light to change, then go down and eat the cracked nuts and seeds. They recognize people, those who provide a hand out and those who don't, etc. The photographic fun is recording some of these moments in their life styles. Sadly, in the 70 years since I had my pet crow, several moves and losses have reduced my photos of him to only one, with him standing on top of my mom's head. He used to ride on my bicycle handle bars, looking like a hood ornament, and loved to torment my mom by picking her flowers or the clothes pins off the clothes line to get her to chase him with her broom. He was always just a little bit faster than that broom, yet slow enough to keep the chase going. He also liked to buzz my sister's cat, to the point that the cat had almost no belly fur because he would slink low from bush to bush in the yard while trying to keep the crow from noticing him. 

Charley

2 years 2 months ago #730856 by Pete Franko
Finished it last week.  Corporate gig.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024