Does brand matter with Sensor cleaner and Swabs?

3 months 4 weeks ago #735734 by Eli Clark
I'm going to attempt to clean my sensor on my own. Does the brand matter with these things?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 4 weeks ago #735858 by r1ch

Eli Clark wrote: I'm going to attempt to clean my sensor on my own. Does the brand matter with these things?
Thank you

I bought a cleaning kit specifically for cleaning sensors, The swabs were
durable and lint free and would not scratch the sensor cover..
I see them on Amazon pretty inexpensive.
The sensors are pretty rugged and don't scratch easily. My old D200 got some spots on it. I let it sit for a long time and not clean it. then when I did, they would not come off (I think it was oil from shutter). I was told the sensors were hard to scratch and I had to scrub hard to get the spots off. Once finished, everything looked great. All new cameras auto clean, I have not seen spot very often anymore on my new cameras.

3 months 3 weeks ago #735933 by Nefarious
It's the technique that is most important.  Sensor swabs are sensor swabs.  Just take your time and understand what you are doing when you start.  

Photo Comments

3 months 3 weeks ago #736044 by Glen Mosley
+1 good points, I was under the same impression.   The way you clean your sensor is most important as most sensor cleaning are the same. 

Photo Comments

3 months 3 weeks ago #736045 by Glen Mosley
+1 good points, I was under the same impression.   The way you clean your sensor is most important as most sensor cleaning are the same. 

Photo Comments

3 months 3 weeks ago #736147 by Hoss
Not in my book, which is why I always have a profession clean mine.  

Photo Comments

3 months 3 weeks ago #736258 by Jeff Scott
Hey all, so how often are you cleaning your sensor as part of routine cleaning?  

Photo Comments

3 months 6 days ago #737088 by Adam S
I just wouldn't go using Walmart branded sensor cleaner, but other than that, case per case, use common sense.  

Photo Comments

3 months 5 days ago #737210 by Kenta
Speaking of which, how often are you all cleaning your sensor?

Photo Comments

3 months 1 day ago #737404 by Finn
Not in my book because I have others do it 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless digital camera review, get the scoop on this camera's specs and features, and learn why it's a great beginner camera.

Jul 05, 2022

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022

In this Nikon Z5 review, we'll discuss the specs, features, pros, and cons of this enthusiast-level camera. We'll also offer tips on where to buy one on the cheap!

May 10, 2022

The Leica Q (Typ 116) is a fantastic camera for intermediate and advanced shooters. Is it the best choice for you, though? Find out in this detailed review!

Apr 28, 2022

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

What is a prime lens? How are they different from zooms? Find out in this beginner photography tutorial on prime lenses!

Aug 03, 2022

A wood frame canvas print doesn't just need a high-quality, good-looking canvas. It also needs a well-built wood frame to keep the canvas tight.

Aug 02, 2022

Use these simple, straightforward newborn photography tips to improve the quality of your images and wow clients with beautiful photos of their baby.

Aug 02, 2022

Leather photography bags not only look great and are durable, but they offer excellent organization and protection for your gear.

Aug 02, 2022

In this full frame vs APS-C comparison, learn the history, similarities, and differences between these two popular photography formats.

Aug 01, 2022

Adding a mini photo album to your product offerings is a great way to boost sales and increase the perceived value of your brand.

Aug 01, 2022

There are many different items you can buy for your camera, but there are a handful of essential camera accessories you'll need to get the best results.

Jul 26, 2022

What features should you look for in a canvas print? From the materials used to the customer service experience, there's a lot to consider!

Jul 25, 2022