How to clean a canvas print?

1 year 9 months ago #739384 by Rawley Photos
I've had clients reach out to me asking on how to clean the canvas prints they picked up from me.  Actually another question just came through.  

Would you happen to know the best way?

Thank you!

Photo Comments
1 year 9 months ago #739402 by Razky

1 year 9 months ago #739440 by Rawley Photos
Excellent, thank you!  

Photo Comments
1 year 9 months ago #739466 by Uplander
I've always used just a damp cloth, and never had any issues.  

Photo Comments
1 year 9 months ago #739472 by Rawley Photos

Uplander wrote: I've always used just a damp cloth, and never had any issues.  

Cool, thank you! 

Photo Comments
1 year 9 months ago #739525 by Roman Omell
Damp microfiber cloth will do the trick

Photo Comments
1 year 9 months ago #739630 by Kyle O
I have a microfiber duster that does the trick for me.  Honestly never needed to use anything else.  

Photo Comments
1 year 9 months ago #739634 by yusufcpu
Hi, Good and unique question

Step 1 Can canvas prints are cleaned?

Prints on canvas can definitely be cleaned. When cleaning your canvas prints, there are a few things to keep in mind.

Location: Avoid placing your canvas prints in the sun. Keep your canvas prints out of direct sunlight and away from dampness, whether you are storing them or hanging them on your wall. Your canvas wall art may eventually fade if it is exposed to direct sunlight. So for your canvas print, gentle lighting is excellent. Your canvas prints will look better in areas that are airier, have greater air circulation, and have ambient light.

Moisture — As was already said, you should keep your canvas print out of damp areas and rooms with poor air circulation. The canvas will warp as a result of absorbing moisture in a damp environment.

Storage – Keep your canvas print in a dry, secure location. Make sure nothing is placed on top of it by either hanging it from a wall or supporting it on the ground.

Canvas prints should be cleaned on a regular basis. The best way to clean your canvas print is with a light dusting with a fine linen towel.

If you happy my answer please like

1 year 9 months ago #739756 by Brody Kross
Not complicated, grab a moist microfiber cloth.  Can be the el cheapos found in Home Depot, whip off.  

1 year 9 months ago #739757 by CharleyL
What ever you decide to use, experiment in a less noticeable area, before attempting to clean the canvas with your choice of cleaner. Even plain water can be harmful to some things. If water is involved, use distilled water, so no minerals are left behind. Distilled water is readily available in grocery stores next to the bottled drinking water.

Charley 

1 year 9 months ago #739870 by Peter P
:agree:    if you using any chemicals test in the back first 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024