Horrible back pain

1 year 6 months ago #744623 by Don Granger
I'm feeling old today.  4 weeks ago, I had gone walking on a nature hike with my camera, when I got back home, my back was sore something horrible.  I didn't make the connect to my camera I had strapped around my neck and side.  Today, feeling better (since last 2 weeks) I went on a long casual with my camera around my neck and side.  I can't sleep right now as my back is hurting horribly! 

Damn, I hope this isn't going to be a regular thing when carrying my camera!!

Photo Comments
1 year 6 months ago #744635 by Razky

Don Granger wrote: I'm feeling old today. 4 weeks ago, I had gone walking on a nature hike with my camera, when I got back home, my back was sore something horrible. I didn't make the connect to my camera I had strapped around my neck and side. Today, feeling better (since last 2 weeks) I went on a long casual with my camera around my neck and side. I can't sleep right now as my back is hurting horribly! 
Damn, I hope this isn't going to be a regular thing when carrying my camera!!

Tiger Balm, Salonpas, Thermacare Heat Wraps all offer relief. 6 or 8 extra-strength Tylenol pills a day "might" help a bit, if you don't mind killing your liver. They sure don't do much for me. (10 or 12 might.) Norco seems the most effective, but my doctor can only prescribe 2 per day, half a pill every 6 hours, whereas 3, 3-1/2 would be more effective. Back pain is hell, no doubt!

1 year 6 months ago #744636 by Chris Briggs
Sorry to hear, I've had to lean up all that I carry in my camera bag a couple years ago due to lower back pains.  We are getting older!  

Photo Comments
1 year 6 months ago #744674 by Sawyer
I hear you!  I've messed up my back from a simple picking up a broom quickly last year!  As we get older our bodies aren't as durable.  

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
1 year 6 months ago #744789 by James L
4 years ago had back issues.  Now I’m using a rolling bag when traveling around.   

Photo Comments
1 year 6 months ago #744798 by CharleyL
I now pull a folding wagon, or a folding hand truck like used for suitcases, with my camera bags on/in it, and I don't go anywhere very strenuous any more. The local parks, where there are many paved walkways, is my usual direction. I usually try to find an assistant to pull the wagon when I can too. At 80, I have too much wrong with me now to go very far. I've gradually been doing less outside the studio and more in the studio now. 

Charley 

1 year 4 months ago #746026 by Fran Welch
Invest in a rolling bag and just carry what you need.  That's what I do and no issues here.  

Photo Comments
1 year 4 months ago #746027 by Fran Welch

CharleyL wrote: I now pull a folding wagon, or a folding hand truck like used for suitcases, with my camera bags on/in it, and I don't go anywhere very strenuous any more. The local parks, where there are many paved walkways, is my usual direction. I usually try to find an assistant to pull the wagon when I can too. At 80, I have too much wrong with me now to go very far. I've gradually been doing less outside the studio and more in the studio now. 

Charley 

Exactly!

Photo Comments
1 year 4 months ago #746166 by Chipper
Last October I had screwed up my back something horrible and it wasn't from carrying anything, just happened when I was moving a chair in my house.  Getting old sucks. 

1 year 4 months ago #746215 by CharleyL
"Getting old sucks."

Yes it does. On Nov 4, 2022, I had heart surgery, again. Two more stents, and they opened an existing one a bit larger for more flow. I now have 9 stents accumulated over 8 heart surgeries. 

For me, getting old really does suck, but I don't like the alternative, so I keep going back for "patches". I also have metal knees, the result of a fire fighting accident in 1978, and a pacemaker to keep my ticker running at the right speed. I may join "Nikon Shooter" some day, but I'm doing my best to keep taking pictures while still here.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024