Metal prints and chromaluxe - What's the big deal about chromaluxe?

1 year 2 months ago #748911 by Jakov Barnes
So I've been meaning to ask this, when it comes to getting a good metal print, what's the big deal about chromaluxe?  You see many of the larger print shops showcasing that their metal prints are on chromaluxe.  But what exactly does this mean? I can't be the only one that is wondering this?  

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #748913 by Razky

Jakov Barnes wrote: So I've been meaning to ask this, when it comes to getting a good metal print, what's the big deal about chromaluxe? You see many of the larger print shops showcasing that their metal prints are on chromaluxe. But what exactly does this mean? I can't be the only one that is wondering this?

www.chromaluxe.com/products/metal-prints/

1 year 2 months ago #748914 by Jakov Barnes

Razky wrote:

Jakov Barnes wrote: So I've been meaning to ask this, when it comes to getting a good metal print, what's the big deal about chromaluxe? You see many of the larger print shops showcasing that their metal prints are on chromaluxe. But what exactly does this mean? I can't be the only one that is wondering this?

www.chromaluxe.com/products/metal-prints/

No help at all.  I've been to this page, I wanted to hear from people that have compared this to other options and look past what ever their sales people are putting into webpage print.  

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #748920 by Razky

Jakov Barnes wrote: [quote=No help at all. I've been to this page, I wanted to hear from people that have compared this to other options and look past what ever their sales people are putting into webpage print.

You asked what the big deal was - the link explained it. If you wanted something else, you should have asked for it.

1 year 2 months ago #748961 by Uplander
Your question is pretty clear, so no need in changing that because I read it and understood what you are asking.

Here you go:

Here’s one that is shorter and a bit more ‘marketing type’:

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #748962 by Uplander
One more for you, a little bit older, but a good clip

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #748985 by Ira Weber
Well looking past the name, chromaluxe is just the material that is used.  I have a friend who runs a print shop, and he shares with me that chromaluxe has issues from time to time and is not a perfect.  That said, what you need to focus on here, "what's the big deal" is the print shop that has strict quality control.  Thats the big deal IMHO.

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #749029 by Overread
Most print shops are going to print on this.  That should tell you something.  

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #749044 by CanonKid
Well, "ChromaLuxe" as you most likely already know is a brand name for a type of "high-quality" (air quotes on these as well) print material made of aluminum. It's known for its exceptional image clarity, color vibrancy, and durability. ChromaLuxe prints are created using a dye sublimation process that involves transferring the image onto a specially coated aluminum surface under high heat and pressure. The result is a print that is incredibly durable, fade-resistant, and scratch-resistant, making it ideal for commercial and fine art applications. The surface of a ChromaLuxe print is smooth, glossy, and reflective, which enhances the color and depth of the image. Overall, the big deal about ChromaLuxe is that it offers a unique and high-quality printing option that is ideal for a range of applications, from high-end photography and art to commercial signage and branding.

Canon 7D, 15-85mm, 18-55mm, 70-200mm, 100mm Macro, Sigma 120-300mm, Speedlite 430EX II

A bad day at the race track is better than a good day in the office

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #749147 by Rick Larin
There was a funny parody video that was going around a few years ago.  I couldn't find it, but hopefully someone can post that.  100% entertainment value and in a funny way shines about the benefits of chromaluxe and professional printing techniques.  

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #749182 by Jessa Layton
Got me, all I know is my print shop swears by this for their prints they produce for everyone. 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024