How many cameras do you own?

1 month 1 week ago #764573 by Photo Amigo
When you buy a new camera are you keeping your old or selling?  I just ran into a guy who is 61 and never sold any of his cameras, but have bought a number of new ones.  He has 9 cameras and still uses all of them.  

Curious, how many cameras do you own? 

1 month 1 week ago #764575 by TCav
Three active:

Seven in a collection:

1 month 1 week ago #764587 by CharleyL
Six digital still and two digital video.

I also have one still film and one video film. I haven't used either of the film cameras in 26 years. I went totally digital in 1998 and haven't looked back. The film cameras are display items, as are the two oldest digital still cameras, but when I last checked, about 2 years ago, they all still worked.

Charley

1 month 1 week ago #764595 by Scotty
Nikon D800 and a D4.  I wanna find a low shutter count good condition d700 to
throw in the mix

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
1 month 1 week ago #764668 by Sean Lamber
Just two, 5D II and EOS R

Photo Comments
1 month 6 days ago #764737 by Gammill
Are we talking ALL cameras?  I have 3 if I can include my iPhone and Pentax film camera along with my Nikon D810

Photo Comments
1 month 6 days ago #764740 by Screamin Scott
I have 6 that I use. 3 Nikon and 3 Olympus. One of the Nikons is mirrorless the other 2 are DSLRs. One is full frame, the other two are APS-C. All of the Olympus are mirrorless and one is IR-converted. Now that doesn't include my point-and-shoot digitals or my film SLR's and rangefinders

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
1 month 5 days ago #764761 by Scotty

Screamin Scott wrote: I have 6 that I use. 3 Nikon and 3 Olympus. One of the Nikons is mirrorless the other 2 are DSLRs. One is full frame, the other two are APS-C. All of the Olympus are mirrorless and one is IR-converted. Now that doesn't include my point-and-shoot digitals or my film SLR's and rangefinders

How are you liking mirrorless?

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
1 month 4 days ago #764777 by db3348
7 : 2 digital and 5 film .  Most of them get a workout at some poimt, but my go tos are a Canon 5D digital and  currently giving 2 Nikon film cameras a good workout .  

Photo Comments
1 month 4 days ago #764785 by Screamin Scott
I like that the mirrorless are so small and light. I'm not too fond of having to use an adapter on my older Nikon DSLR lenses. At present, I only have two consumer-grade Z mount zooms. I wouldn't say I like that they have plastic mounts and are so slow. That said, they are fairly sharp.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
1 month 3 days ago #764794 by Raymond Z
Just the one. But I was looking at a Canon AE1, but haven't found the one yet.  

Photo Comments
1 month 2 days ago #764807 by TCav

Raymond Z wrote: Just the one. But I was looking at a Canon AE1, but haven't found the one yet.  

www.keh.com/shop/canon-ae1-program-chrome-35mm-camera-body.html

1 month 10 hours ago #764914 by TGonzo

TCav wrote: Three active:

Seven in a collection:

Those older cameras look in great shape. do they all still work? 

Photo Comments
4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 1 day ago #764931 by TCav

TGonzo wrote: Those older cameras look in great shape. do they all still work? 

The Yashica MAT 124G and the Canon FX use mercury batteries which aren't available anymore. I bought the Yashica new and used it a few times. The Canon came with a long (no name) zoom lens, which was too big for my shelf, so I bought a nifty-50 off eBay for it. The Konica FT-1 and Canon were gifts from a friend. She used the Konica and her mother used the Canon. I had to clean the battery compartment of the Konica (the batteries had leaked), and glue the battery cover which had split, but it works, including the motor drive.
The Argoflex uses 620 film which isn't available anymore (not to mention the flash bulbs.) It was my mother's. I had a 35mm Minolta HiMatic and developed my own film, but didn't have an enlarger, so I would borrow the Argoflex and make contact prints.
I haven't gotten any film packs for the Polaroid SX-70. I bought it for my mother for Christmas when they first came out.
The Nikon S and the Exa seem to work. I bought the Nikon for $50 from an airman in '72 while I was in the Navy, and used it a few times. The Exa was a gift from my landlord while I was stationed in Scotland. He bought it in Germany when he was serving in the British Occupation Zone after WW II. I've never used it.
I can't vouch for the accuracy of the shutter speeds, but in all other respects, they work as well as I can check them.

3 weeks 6 days ago #764988 by Street Shark
Just one

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

I’ve been testing the Vanguard VEO 5 264CB-160S for several weeks now, and I have to say that my first impressions are nothing but good. Vanguard has knocked it out of the park yet again!

Jul 01, 2024

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Concert photography is a tricky beast, and presents challenges like fast-moving action, low lighting, and considerations for other concertgoers. Learn how to get better results in this guide!

Jul 07, 2024

Black and white nature photography is a fun, yet challenging pursuit that allows you to focus viewers’ attention on the textures and patterns of nature. The result? A gorgeous stripped-down representation of nature.

Jul 07, 2024

The Vanguard Alta Sky 42 is a brand-new camera backpack that’s compact and affordable, yet holds an astonishing amount of gear. Read up on my first impressions here!

Jul 07, 2024

The Canon EOS 7D Mark II might not have the biggest sensor or the best video capabilities, but its mix of photography and video specs and a budget price make it well worth your consideration.

Jul 07, 2024

Growing plants takes a ton of time and patience, but with these new timelapses, you can see plants of all kinds grown in quick order!

Jul 03, 2024

The Canon EOS M ecosystem is full of lightweight, compact mirrorless cameras that offer a more affordable option than Canon’s EOS R family of cameras. Which EOS M camera is right for you?

Jul 01, 2024

I’ve been testing the Vanguard VEO 5 264CB-160S for several weeks now, and I have to say that my first impressions are nothing but good. Vanguard has knocked it out of the park yet again!

Jul 01, 2024

Working as a professional photographer can be a creatively fulfilling and financially lucrative career.

Jun 27, 2024