Film and MF SLR section?

13 years 5 months ago #3870 by Gil
Hi,
Just joined after getting an email about the new site from KEH. I was wondering if there may be any interest in having a "Shooting Film" section to the forums? I have quite a bit of Canon digital equipment and that is still my main boat but during the last year I have gone back to the past and I have been shooting Konica and Minolta SLRs (not "Konica Minolta"). I have read there may be an upswing in film users and was wondering if there may be others here.
Thanks,
Gil

13 years 5 months ago #3872 by One Wish
I have a old film camera, would like to see a film section also. Where are you getting your film developed these days?

Photo Comments
13 years 5 months ago #3879 by bomblight
Although I now use digital capture, I still have my old 35mm and medium format film cameras, and I would enjoy a film section.

I use a B&H prepaid mailer for film developing.

13 years 5 months ago #3929 by Gil
I have also been using B&H mailers, but have recently found a good photo store 45 minutes away that does their own developing and scanning up to 15mb per image. I have been scanning my own negatives and slides using an Epson v500 but would like to get the v750.
I never had developing gear but it's tempting to start.

13 years 5 months ago #3936 by toddcliff
I would love that as well! I've been using my Rollei 35 for a while now. It's nice to not know what you're getting. I've been pleasantly surprised...

13 years 5 months ago #4111 by Doug
I've been doing mostly digital for the past couple of years; coincidentally the local branch of a Pro lab closed about then, and it's 45 minutes to the main lab. I intended the digital to be a "get up to speed" familiarization, then I'd get backs to medium format film. ;)

Well, I would like to be using the MF flim gear, and should, as the film is only getting older there in the fridge!

13 years 5 months ago #4136 by Yasko
Agreed, a film section would be really great. I shoot almost exclusively digital these days, but now that Kodak brought back Ektar film, I'm shooting film again at times, and Velvia occasionally. I use B&H mail for developing.

13 years 5 months ago #4137 by HNB
Would love it. Film is all I shoot...just on here trying to learn all I can.

13 years 5 months ago #4174 by danno
I totally agree. Although I've been shooting mostly digital for the past couple of years, I still prefer film for B&W, and for "keeper" shots (negatives will last forever, but many of the digital shots that I took 10 years ago are lost forever.)

13 years 5 months ago #4300 by Gil
I hope that the moderator(s) will be checking the postings and perhaps take us film shooters into consideration for a Film Shooting or Film SLR section. I would suspect just one forum section would/could cover our posts.
It is interesting that there really is some good film equipment out there and the micro and micro 4/3rds are discovering the great lenses that are available at low prices.
Yes, the Ektar is one of my favorite films but I also like Fuji B&W and Velvia.

13 years 5 months ago #4340 by danno
I actually didn't realise that this forum was primarily directed toward digital users until later, and I feel as if I walked into a gay bar by accident.

Sure, I use digital, and I'm probably inclined toward that technology, but my "serious" side goes back to silver, B&W, smelly darkroom, slow cautious schmoozing with light, chemistry, temperature and time.

It would be nice if KEH, that goldmine of reliable toys, would make it comfortable for large-and-medium format photographers to fully participate in this interaction of passion, craft, profession, hobby and/or avocation between enthusiasts.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024