Film and MF SLR section?

11 years 9 months ago #3870 by Gil
Hi,
Just joined after getting an email about the new site from KEH. I was wondering if there may be any interest in having a "Shooting Film" section to the forums? I have quite a bit of Canon digital equipment and that is still my main boat but during the last year I have gone back to the past and I have been shooting Konica and Minolta SLRs (not "Konica Minolta"). I have read there may be an upswing in film users and was wondering if there may be others here.
Thanks,
Gil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #3872 by One Wish
I have a old film camera, would like to see a film section also. Where are you getting your film developed these days?

Photo Comments

11 years 9 months ago #3879 by bomblight
Although I now use digital capture, I still have my old 35mm and medium format film cameras, and I would enjoy a film section.

I use a B&H prepaid mailer for film developing.

11 years 9 months ago #3929 by Gil
I have also been using B&H mailers, but have recently found a good photo store 45 minutes away that does their own developing and scanning up to 15mb per image. I have been scanning my own negatives and slides using an Epson v500 but would like to get the v750.
I never had developing gear but it's tempting to start.

11 years 9 months ago #3936 by toddcliff
I would love that as well! I've been using my Rollei 35 for a while now. It's nice to not know what you're getting. I've been pleasantly surprised...

11 years 9 months ago #4111 by Doug
I've been doing mostly digital for the past couple of years; coincidentally the local branch of a Pro lab closed about then, and it's 45 minutes to the main lab. I intended the digital to be a "get up to speed" familiarization, then I'd get backs to medium format film. ;)

Well, I would like to be using the MF flim gear, and should, as the film is only getting older there in the fridge!

11 years 9 months ago #4136 by Yasko
Agreed, a film section would be really great. I shoot almost exclusively digital these days, but now that Kodak brought back Ektar film, I'm shooting film again at times, and Velvia occasionally. I use B&H mail for developing.

11 years 9 months ago #4137 by HNB
Would love it. Film is all I shoot...just on here trying to learn all I can.

11 years 9 months ago #4174 by danno
I totally agree. Although I've been shooting mostly digital for the past couple of years, I still prefer film for B&W, and for "keeper" shots (negatives will last forever, but many of the digital shots that I took 10 years ago are lost forever.)

11 years 9 months ago #4300 by Gil
I hope that the moderator(s) will be checking the postings and perhaps take us film shooters into consideration for a Film Shooting or Film SLR section. I would suspect just one forum section would/could cover our posts.
It is interesting that there really is some good film equipment out there and the micro and micro 4/3rds are discovering the great lenses that are available at low prices.
Yes, the Ektar is one of my favorite films but I also like Fuji B&W and Velvia.

11 years 9 months ago #4340 by danno
I actually didn't realise that this forum was primarily directed toward digital users until later, and I feel as if I walked into a gay bar by accident.

Sure, I use digital, and I'm probably inclined toward that technology, but my "serious" side goes back to silver, B&W, smelly darkroom, slow cautious schmoozing with light, chemistry, temperature and time.

It would be nice if KEH, that goldmine of reliable toys, would make it comfortable for large-and-medium format photographers to fully participate in this interaction of passion, craft, profession, hobby and/or avocation between enthusiasts.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless digital camera review, get the scoop on this camera's specs and features, and learn why it's a great beginner camera.

Jul 05, 2022

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022

In this Nikon Z5 review, we'll discuss the specs, features, pros, and cons of this enthusiast-level camera. We'll also offer tips on where to buy one on the cheap!

May 10, 2022

The Leica Q (Typ 116) is a fantastic camera for intermediate and advanced shooters. Is it the best choice for you, though? Find out in this detailed review!

Apr 28, 2022
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

With these passive income photography ideas, you can expand your revenue stream without putting in a bunch of time and effort.

Aug 10, 2022

Photography storytelling can be done in many ways with different subjects through various mediums. Use these tips to learn more about telling stories with your photos.

Aug 08, 2022

Effective photography marketing requires pursuing multiple avenues for advertising your business. Get some insight into how to market your business in this guide.

Aug 08, 2022

As a beginner photographer, there are many different digital camera features to learn. This guide introduces you to some of the most important ones.

Aug 03, 2022

What is a prime lens? How are they different from zooms? Find out in this beginner photography tutorial on prime lenses!

Aug 03, 2022

A wood frame canvas print doesn't just need a high-quality, good-looking canvas. It also needs a well-built wood frame to keep the canvas tight.

Aug 02, 2022

Use these simple, straightforward newborn photography tips to improve the quality of your images and wow clients with beautiful photos of their baby.

Aug 02, 2022

Leather photography bags not only look great and are durable, but they offer excellent organization and protection for your gear.

Aug 02, 2022