How many of you USE your phones camera?

12 years 11 months ago #44913 by Dave Burburry
This thread is piggy back off my last thread about not having a camera with you when you need it. I have older iPhone that does have camera on it, but I never use it.

I would like to see how many here have a camera in their phone and who uses it vs those like me that don't use it.

My reasoning for not using it, is that I always thought the camera in the phone was more of a novelty than quality picture taking device.

The floor is open for discussion :lol:

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #44918 by photobod
I personally have never used my phone camera ever, I have rarely seen good photos taken on them, and 99 times out of a hundred I will have a camera slung over my shoulder, and when I dont, I dont care or worry if that perfect photo opportunity turns up, its not worth worrying about. :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 11 months ago #44920 by Cre8tivefix
I used mine once to take a picture of my kid's toy to amuse her with. LOL It's now the wallpaper on that phone because it's the only picture on it. I use my phone for talking... that's basically it, and even that isn't often.

12 years 11 months ago #44929 by Nod
I've never even tried it. I use a phone for talking and camera for taking pictures.

12 years 11 months ago #44931 by Messhaller
I don't like phone pictures... all of them are out of focus and don't look good... They might be useful if you are just goofing around with friends or your kid does something funny and you don't have your good camera with you.... Phones are for talking.

12 years 11 months ago #44935 by Dave Burburry
I'm happy to hear at least I'm not alone on this one. I have seen blogs dedicated to people who use their phones for taking photos. I guess when I have a camera I usually carry with me, that keeps the phone a phone, and the camera a camera. :patriot:

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #44937 by chasrich
On the plus side for phone cameras. I was shooting the light parade at Disney last Christmas. This girl next to me was getting some fabulous shots with her little iphone. I was pretty amazed at the job it was doing in what can only be described as challenging light conditions.

I use my phone camera only to snap a shot for the contacts list.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 11 months ago #44940 by Foxy Girl
LOL I think I have used mine twice, I don't like the process of taking a photo and getting it to my computer.

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #44999 by Lucky One
I only use mine when I'm at theme park or some place I don't want to bring my camera. But then again I would have my point and shoot camera with me. Now that you have me thinking I don't use it much :whistle:

12 years 11 months ago #45126 by toddphilip
I'm surprised by the response. I agree with whoever it was that released the book of iPhone photos or maybe it was some other guy that said the best camera is the one you have with you or something. My phone camera is on my person at all times and the resolution is almost the same as my D40. Sure it's awful in low light, and I would never use it professionally, but I go to it often to photograph my daughter, and all sorts of random things.

12 years 11 months ago #45136 by Scott Miller
Taken with a camera phone, not bad I don't think for being a camera in a phone.

Scott Miller
www.millerwebtechnologies.com

Weather, Nature, Cemetery Photographer

Attachments:
12 years 11 months ago #45192 by Jeffster
I'll use mine, but only during candid shots with friends or out at the bars.

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #45290 by Olivia 12
I barely notice my phone has a camera.

12 years 11 months ago #45335 by QC 89
I probably use my cell phone camera, as much as I use my actually camera. :rofl:

12 years 11 months ago #45469 by digishutterbug
I have used mine 4 or 5 times, usually when I wanted a record of something, rather than a photo.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Smartphone photos have come a long way in recent years. With their increase in quality comes the ability to create large prints. Learn why canvas is a great option for your phone photos!

Mar 29, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024