What is the strangest thing in your camera bag?

12 years 4 months ago #175332 by Bob Eaton
Very clever!!! :lol:

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
12 years 4 months ago #175333 by Bob Eaton
I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 years 4 months ago #175338 by Bob Eaton

Yasko wrote: I have something similar, it's a small role of scotch tape!

I use it to cover the electrical contacts of my teleconverters when I attach them to my old manual screwmount telephotos, because the metal adapter I use would otherwise short them out and cause errors on my camera body.

Very clever!!!!!! :thumbsup:

12 years 4 months ago #175436 by Patty Ganahl
Bag of Snickers

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #175441 by Dori
Well, right now a .25 hex driver and my fencing tool! :rofl:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 4 months ago #175445 by Gary Trent photography
An old roll of Kodak film to remind me to take ONE shot only
and get it right the first time.

GaryTrent photography (Canada)

Owner of
Art Effects Gallery,
Grand Forks, B.C. Canada

Please visit me on Multiply:
whazit2u.multiply.com/

12 years 4 months ago #175528 by Stealthy Ninja
Headphones
12 years 4 months ago #175783 by No Show

Dori wrote: Well, right now a .25 hex driver and my fencing tool! :rofl:

Fencing tool? First thing that comes to mind is fencing the sport with swords? :blink:

D300| Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 | Nikkor 70-200mm VR 2.8 | Nikkor 50mm 1.8 | Nikon 2x Teleconverter | Sigma 105mm 2.8 | Tokina 12-24
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #175849 by Dori
LOL!! A tool used to build and repair fences for horses etc.
Looks like this!

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 4 months ago #176225 by Rich Beaumont
I have a pair of slip on water shoes in mine

Life's to short, SMILE!
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #176287 by aetherius
Good call on the canisters. Haven't used the Fuji film in ages but I happened to have some canisters around, and I also keep my cleaning cloth in one of them. That reminds me, the Talons cleaning cloth kit from Peregrine Optics has gotten me some attention too as "unusual" accoutrements go. I haven't seen them on sale except on amazon (the source of all good things delivered to your doorstep) and their company website.

The cleaning cloth is shaped like a little glove - you can insert your fingers in either side and don't need to touch filters, lenses, etc. when cleaning or working with them. The cleaning spray bottle is the size of a credit card, except about 3/8" thick. Very portable!

I was hoping to give 2 or 3 as gifts at an office holiday party before mine disappear, lol, but alas - they are on backorder till mid-December. :-/

Oh, and I know what I DON'T keep anymore. Chocolate (unless your camera bag is refrigerated). I stopped using the front pouch for about 3 weeks until I had time to clean the mess.

12 years 4 months ago #176302 by Maria21
I have a railroad spike & a small piece of coal. The spike comes in handy when I want to stabilize the camera for a timed shot with the zoom (it's tends to make the camera lean forward so I prop the lens up with the spike) It also lets me dig little holes for climbing. I also like the texture of the rust on the spike so sometimes it becomes the subject of a image in an unlikely place. The coal was from a trip to a mine that I went to & I just liked it & put it in the bag for safe keeping & forgot to take it out.

Zerfing's Photographic Imaging
12 years 4 months ago #176747 by Stealthy Ninja
Wiimote... kids and their toys. LOL
12 years 4 months ago #176821 by Alex
Would an iPad count as strange?

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #176823 by Stealthy Ninja

Alex wrote: Would an iPad count as strange?

nah bro, my iPad goes everywhere with me basically.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024