What is the strangest thing in your camera bag?

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #84521 by MLKstudios
I have an OLD Sunpak 555 I keep in a separate bag. I had it with me while traveling around Europe when the Gulf War first broke out. One Arab guy I met took a 9mm out of his gun and gave it to me. Said he was going to use it to shoot me, but after getting to know me, decided against it.

I've kept it in the bag since.

Matthew :)

Photography has given me a very interesting life.

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 9 months ago #84563 by Screamin Scott
I've got one of those Sunpak 555's as well...Nice unit

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #84577 by chasrich

Baydream wrote:

Screamin Scott wrote:

Baydream wrote: A dime (my 10 cent screwdriver) for tightening/removing the tripod quick release plates.

Mine's only a penny :lol:

I insist on quality equipment :cheers:

Mines a Quarter cause I want to show off!

And... Bigger IS better!

Youse guys crack me up... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 9 months ago #84663 by Office Guy
Would duct tape count?

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #84681 by MLKstudios
You're back there with HP, in the "kidnapping" realm.

B)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 9 months ago #84695 by Dennis Warren
Painters tape generally does an adequate job, and doesn't leave any residue.

12 years 9 months ago #84741 by Alex
Nothing exciting for me, I think I have my iPad connector in there! :blink:

That's what we call hard core "strange". :silly:

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #149365 by Showbag
well its mot too strange, but I carry a can of insect repellent. I learned the lesson last year when I was shooting outback, and I was virtually carried off by the mosquitoes...I think I must have been the only source of food for about 1000 kilometers and they all wanted a piece of me...so chemical warfare it is for me!!!

12 years 5 months ago #149366 by Photobutterfly
A pair of tweezers for the briars and thorns, which seem to be jumping out to get me.

12 years 5 months ago #149384 by Sarah Riecken
I have a couple dumb dumb suckers. They are lighter weight than a bottle of water and moisten my mouth when it gets hot outside.

12 years 5 months ago #149800 by Sarah Riecken
dont think it weird to have the poncho, I think that is a fantastic idea. As a matter fact I am going to do it as well, and carry an extra for a friend. Thanks

12 years 5 months ago #149804 by ROADIE
I have a head torch in my camera bag.
That's a battery powered torch
not a flame on a peice of wood
before anyone suggests otherwise :-)

12 years 5 months ago #149848 by Jeanne Merlo

ROADIE wrote: I have a head torch in my camera bag.
That's a battery powered torch
not a flame on a peice of wood
before anyone suggests otherwise :-)

Well it's safe to say your camp fire is going before anyone else's :beerbang:

12 years 5 months ago #149871 by Filmburn66
With all the weird/old/weird old cameras I carry around, I thought I might have odd things in my bag (besides the cameras) but it turns out that in practice, I keep it pretty streamlined, I guess because I can't go on long hikes or get too far from home or let it get too heavy, unfortunately. I suppose the funniest thing is a pair of children's scissors and a roll of electrical tape, which I use to keep my Holga taped up (a few light leaks here and there are great according to the Holga aesthetic, but unless I tape it up nice and tight in between film roll changes, the light leaks completely take over) and to keep the viewfinder on my Lubitel closed when not in use.

Also, when I take my Polaroid 104 Land Camera out in the field and I have it loaded with black and white film, I have an elaborate system rigged up to string the negatives along my waist to dry, since those can be saved, scanned and enlarged/manipulated. When I do that, I take a hole punch along so it's easier to loop the neg through the string. That can get pretty funny-looking and I've had well-meaning (or not-so-well-meaning, just sarcastic) strangers come up to me and say things like, "You know there is such a thing as digital cameras now, right?" :catfight: Wheeee, ha ha ha, hilarious man, first time I've heard that joke!
12 years 5 months ago #152097 by nuewavephotography
camera, 5 hour power, choker/collar, lens cloth and i think a year old pack of camel wides

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024