Have a new camera somebody gave need info on how to use it.

12 years 9 months ago #92479 by doladar
I was given a minolta SR-3 a film camera well i just learned how to open it up to put film in it and I just learned how to push the button trial an error but I got some extras with it as well not sure if they go with it and if it does how do I use them it allready came with a lense on it Auto ROKKOR -pf 1:8 f=5..5mm 1400946 it is weird because when I look through it it has a small round dot in the middle it is like it is has a line down the middle of the little dot and when you turn it to the the other numbers it gets blurry and all I know it will do that if i put it on another setting and of course it has the knob on top with numbers as well not sure how to use it he didnt give me an instruction manual. Plus it came with an extra long lense as well he said it was used by a photojournalist friend of his it is what he used all the time but I would love to learn how to use it and if somebody could help me at least find out where I can get info for it so I know what to do I sure would appericate it.

mary
12 years 9 months ago #92509 by Nikonjan
Are you talking about in the center when you look through the viewfinder? That would probably be your maual focus line you have to line up to be in focus. I have an old Minolta ST202. But I would never to go back to film. Digital is much easier.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 9 months ago #92513 by MLKstudios
Check again. Is it 55mm (5.5cm) or 5.5mm (that lens doesn't exist that I know of). And probably 1:1.8 not 1:8.

If so it is the "normal" lens for the camera. It allows you to shoot in low light levels and make the background "soft".

You need to figure out how the meter works. My guess is it might need a new battery.

Matthew :)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #92601 by Screamin Scott
According to this Wiki, it had a "clip on" selenium meter

camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Minolta_SR-3

Here's a link to a free manual to the model that followed it. It should be close to the same with the exception that this model (SR7) had the first built in Cds meter...

www.butkus.org/chinon/minolta/minolta_sr-7/minolta_sr-7.htm

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #92619 by MLKstudios
No battery needed then. Selenium was our first "solar powered" tool.

ANY handheld meter will do you. Selenium or other.

;)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 8 months ago #112543 by doladar
Thank you Screamin Scott that manual was for a minolta sr 7 mine is a minolta sr-3 but it helped out a little i went to a photo metro down here and took it down their and he looked at the lenses and he said they were not good. So i bought a new lense for it. But thank you for the advice.

mary
12 years 8 months ago #112544 by doladar
Yes i know but he said i could use it to learn about the apeature and I havent had enough money to buy the camera i want i do have a nikon cool pic camera it is ok but i would like to have like a nikon d90 or the new ones i seen advitise on tv. But I didnt want to say no to a camera that was being given to me.

mary
12 years 8 months ago #113880 by Scotty
Moved, you'll get more traffic now. Enjoy.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #114277 by Rob pix4u2
If you buy the D90 you will love it and it is an easy camera to learn and use

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024