Activist Photography

7 years 5 months ago #505225 by tobythephotoguy
I was visiting a friend in Boston last week and had the opportunity to attend a lecture by LaToya Ruby Frazier at the Harvard Art Museum. I found her activism through photography to be incredibly inspiring and was just wondering if anyone here also had an interest in photography as a form of activism. Here's one of Frazier's latest projects, called Flint is Family.

www.elle.com/culture/career-politics/a37...latoya-ruby-frazier/

Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #505727 by bojojo
Her work is absolutely gorgeous – I wasn't familiar with her beforehand, but I have to say that Flint is Family is a very evocative, sentimental project. I'm really surprised to see that it's hosted through Elle, of all places.

Photo Comments
7 years 4 months ago #506247 by albinpix
Here's an article that might interest you:
electronicintifada.net/content/photography-solidarity/18421

Photo Comments
6 years 10 months ago #528442 by lindsaywood1991
Great link. Thanks for sharing!

6 years 5 months ago #547367 by Joshua Atkins
Nice share. Thanks!

5 years 8 months ago #595650 by Higbee
Heart touching Photography :(

5 years 2 months ago #629726 by jMrL
A+ reads. Thanks for the shares m8's

5 years 2 months ago #629846 by NewavaMike
Thanks for sharing.  This story is a complete tragedy.  The LOVE of money is truly the root of all kinds of evil.  Who cares about the financial success of the city if it's full of poisonous water.  

I'm out here in Oregon where we have tons of fresh water.  Rain and rivers.  Craft brewing of beer is a big thing out here, mainly because of the good water and also that we grow lots and lots of hops.  I remember a movement not too long ago coming from a bunch of the local craft breweries to collect $$ for the people of Flint.  I think the money was used to purchase bottled water for the residents.  Hopefully some infrastructure fixes are coming soon.  This kind of thing should never happen

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024