NEW Portfolio page on PhotographyTalk

4 years 9 months ago #647742 by Alex
We have just gone live with new 'Portfolio' pages on the site.  All profiles will be converted to more professional portfolio pages that are aimed at show casing your work as top priority.  

When you access your portfolio, your gallery view will now be default.  Tabs along the top allow you to quickly and easily access your "Collections" (albums), your "Appreciations" (photos you have liked), "My wall" (your content stream) and inbox.  

There will be a number of features made available to you in upcoming weeks.  Stay tuned and let me know what you think of it.  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
Attachments:
4 years 9 months ago #647771 by Amy Porter
Looks great Alex, keep up the good work here!  

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #647844 by tony-n-okc
The new Portfolio page doesn't seem to show the badges acquired anymore.  Is that coming back or part of the new design?

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #647897 by John Landolfi
How does one edit their own collections and gallery? EG, there's an album in my collections that has nothing in it, How do I get rid of it?

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #647909 by Ira Weber
Nice touch, I like the design layout.  +1 on adjusting question John asked.  

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #648035 by Alex

tony-n-okc wrote: The new Portfolio page doesn't seem to show the badges acquired anymore.  Is that coming back or part of the new design?

Hey Tony,

How are you doing over there?!  

Great question, that was one of the items I wanted to get feedback from others about.  Do you want that added back in there?  

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #648036 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote: How does one edit their own collections and gallery? EG, there's an album in my collections that has nothing in it, How do I get rid of it?

Hi John!

How are you doing friend?  Are you in NYC or off traveling the globe somewhere?!

Yes to edit or delete an album is supper easy.  From your 'Collections' tab... do the following:

Photo Comments
Attachments:
4 years 9 months ago #648063 by John Landolfi
Thanks, Alex. Got back from Ita;y in March, and I'm off to Seattle in a week. How's the family?

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #648071 by tony-n-okc
Doing well, thank you Alex. I consider the badges as identifiers to others who might view my gallery or profile. They let others know how long I've been involved with PT and how often I've interacted in the forums. I felt they present some level of credibility to comments I make or the photographs I present. Thanks for the great work you do on PT and the forums you provide us with.

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #648484 by garyrhook
I think the layout is an improvement.

Most of my albums are still missing thumbnails, as they have been for months now.

The last photo in each album is mis-managed, made to be as wide as the rows above, and the image enlarged and clipped to the require width, rather than the last row being partial, with the images appropriately sized.

So: two bugs, one long-standing.

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #649144 by Alex

garyrhook wrote: I think the layout is an improvement.

Most of my albums are still missing thumbnails, as they have been for months now.

The last photo in each album is mis-managed, made to be as wide as the rows above, and the image enlarged and clipped to the require width, rather than the last row being partial, with the images appropriately sized.

So: two bugs, one long-standing.

Hey Gary... can you do me a favor and re-check those items please?   We made some updates.  

Thanks!

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #649145 by Alex

tony-n-okc wrote: Doing well, thank you Alex. I consider the badges as identifiers to others who might view my gallery or profile. They let others know how long I've been involved with PT and how often I've interacted in the forums. I felt they present some level of credibility to comments I make or the photographs I present. Thanks for the great work you do on PT and the forums you provide us with.

Hey Tony!  Alright, consider it done... we'll get those added back in there.  Stay tuned friend!

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #649146 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote: Thanks, Alex. Got back from Ita;y in March, and I'm off to Seattle in a week. How's the family?

Brother you are always on the go!  That is just awesome!!

Any chance will you be in Seattle in August?  We are heading up there and driving up to Vancouver.  Would be awesome to see you.  I think the last time was 4 years ago!  My wife I'm sure would love to see you as well, 8 or 9 years since last time she saw you! 

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #649149 by John Landolfi
I'd love to see you both, and Caleb! I'll be leaving on July 30, after almost six weeks. I think Naomi would object to an extended stay...:cheer:

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #649165 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote: I'd love to see you both, and Caleb! I'll be leaving on July 30, after almost six weeks. I think Naomi would object to an extended stay...:cheer:

New York for Photo Plus this year?  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024