NEW Portfolio page on PhotographyTalk

5 months 4 weeks ago #647742 by Alex
We have just gone live with new 'Portfolio' pages on the site.  All profiles will be converted to more professional portfolio pages that are aimed at show casing your work as top priority.  

When you access your portfolio, your gallery view will now be default.  Tabs along the top allow you to quickly and easily access your "Collections" (albums), your "Appreciations" (photos you have liked), "My wall" (your content stream) and inbox.  

There will be a number of features made available to you in upcoming weeks.  Stay tuned and let me know what you think of it.  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 4 weeks ago #647771 by Amy Porter
Looks great Alex, keep up the good work here!  

Photo Comments

5 months 4 weeks ago #647844 by tony-n-okc
The new Portfolio page doesn't seem to show the badges acquired anymore.  Is that coming back or part of the new design?

Photo Comments

5 months 4 weeks ago #647897 by John Landolfi
How does one edit their own collections and gallery? EG, there's an album in my collections that has nothing in it, How do I get rid of it?

Photo Comments

5 months 4 weeks ago #647909 by Ira Weber
Nice touch, I like the design layout.  +1 on adjusting question John asked.  

Photo Comments

5 months 3 weeks ago #648035 by Alex

tony-n-okc wrote: The new Portfolio page doesn't seem to show the badges acquired anymore.  Is that coming back or part of the new design?

Hey Tony,

How are you doing over there?!  

Great question, that was one of the items I wanted to get feedback from others about.  Do you want that added back in there?  

Photo Comments

5 months 3 weeks ago #648036 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote: How does one edit their own collections and gallery? EG, there's an album in my collections that has nothing in it, How do I get rid of it?

Hi John!

How are you doing friend?  Are you in NYC or off traveling the globe somewhere?!

Yes to edit or delete an album is supper easy.  From your 'Collections' tab... do the following:

Photo Comments
Attachments:

5 months 3 weeks ago #648063 by John Landolfi
Thanks, Alex. Got back from Ita;y in March, and I'm off to Seattle in a week. How's the family?

Photo Comments

5 months 3 weeks ago #648071 by tony-n-okc
Doing well, thank you Alex. I consider the badges as identifiers to others who might view my gallery or profile. They let others know how long I've been involved with PT and how often I've interacted in the forums. I felt they present some level of credibility to comments I make or the photographs I present. Thanks for the great work you do on PT and the forums you provide us with.

Photo Comments

5 months 3 weeks ago #648484 by garyrhook
I think the layout is an improvement.

Most of my albums are still missing thumbnails, as they have been for months now.

The last photo in each album is mis-managed, made to be as wide as the rows above, and the image enlarged and clipped to the require width, rather than the last row being partial, with the images appropriately sized.

So: two bugs, one long-standing.

Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #649144 by Alex

garyrhook wrote: I think the layout is an improvement.

Most of my albums are still missing thumbnails, as they have been for months now.

The last photo in each album is mis-managed, made to be as wide as the rows above, and the image enlarged and clipped to the require width, rather than the last row being partial, with the images appropriately sized.

So: two bugs, one long-standing.

Hey Gary... can you do me a favor and re-check those items please?   We made some updates.  

Thanks!

Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #649145 by Alex

tony-n-okc wrote: Doing well, thank you Alex. I consider the badges as identifiers to others who might view my gallery or profile. They let others know how long I've been involved with PT and how often I've interacted in the forums. I felt they present some level of credibility to comments I make or the photographs I present. Thanks for the great work you do on PT and the forums you provide us with.

Hey Tony!  Alright, consider it done... we'll get those added back in there.  Stay tuned friend!

Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #649146 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote: Thanks, Alex. Got back from Ita;y in March, and I'm off to Seattle in a week. How's the family?

Brother you are always on the go!  That is just awesome!!

Any chance will you be in Seattle in August?  We are heading up there and driving up to Vancouver.  Would be awesome to see you.  I think the last time was 4 years ago!  My wife I'm sure would love to see you as well, 8 or 9 years since last time she saw you! 

Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #649149 by John Landolfi
I'd love to see you both, and Caleb! I'll be leaving on July 30, after almost six weeks. I think Naomi would object to an extended stay...:cheer:

Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #649165 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote: I'd love to see you both, and Caleb! I'll be leaving on July 30, after almost six weeks. I think Naomi would object to an extended stay...:cheer:

New York for Photo Plus this year?  

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Yes, there are many different cheap full frame cameras available in 2019. The question is, which budget full frame cameras are best for 2020? Find out in this comparison review.

Dec 06, 2019

In the Nikon Z6 vs Canon EOS R debate, which one is the best buy for you? Get all the details on both these cameras in this detailed comparison review.

Dec 04, 2019

Sure, the Nikon D610 is going on seven years old, but if you want a full frame camera, you'll be hard-pressed to find a cheaper one. Learn about the features and benefits of this camera in our Nikon D610 review.

Nov 27, 2019

The FujiFilm X-Pro 3 is a brand-new camera with distinct retro styling. Is it the right camera for you? Find out in this detailed FujiFilm X-Pro 3 review.

Nov 26, 2019

Latest Articles

Using a teleprompter when creating videos allows you to give your audience a much-improved message. With one of these best teleprompters of 2019, you can do so without busting your budget!

Dec 09, 2019

If you're ready to take better travel photos and make money while you do it, have a look at this tutorial for some must-have travel photography tips.

Dec 09, 2019

Photo by Geo Days on Unsplash If you're scared of going to the dentist, you should probably stop reading now. A dentist in...

Dec 08, 2019

Photo by Victória Kubiaki on Unsplash It's not every day that someone goes out of their way to make strangers smile, but that's...

Dec 08, 2019

Photo by Olenka Kotyk on Unsplash  Brides will always expect photographers to work for free because photography is an...

Dec 07, 2019

The best camera bags of 2019 include duffel bags and slings, backpacks and leather bags. Their common trait? These are some of the most well-designed, rugged, and functional bags available today.

Dec 06, 2019

I'm making the move to Canon mirrorless cameras, specifically the EOS R. Here's a few thoughts on the transition so far, including some pleasant surprises!

Dec 06, 2019

Yes, there are many different cheap full frame cameras available in 2019. The question is, which budget full frame cameras are best for 2020? Find out in this comparison review.

Dec 06, 2019