Landscape photography by Karl Wertanen

12 years 3 months ago #190295 by Karl Wertanen
It's still in rough draft mode but fully navigable and functional. Just not fine tuned.
Www.thegreatnorthlight.com
12 years 3 months ago #190297 by photobod
Hi Karl, its looking good my friend, I am on my net book using a dongle in a local cafe and its working fine there, imagine it will be better at home on my main computer, only spotted one typography error, in purchasing and says "If you have any problems with your order you can email SmugMug and they will take quality care of you:" it doesnt read right.

The Bio is great, well written and informative, loved the philosophy too.

I didnt look through the gallery's as I have seen loads of your photos and they are exceptional, so I think t5he gallery's will speak for themselves.

Its a great range of print options and like the way you have photos of all the products.

Well done Karl and I know you will improve it even more :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 3 months ago #190404 by Karl Wertanen

photobod wrote: Hi Karl, its looking good my friend, I am on my net book using a dongle in a local cafe and its working fine there, imagine it will be better at home on my main computer, only spotted one typography error, in purchasing and says "If you have any problems with your order you can email SmugMug and they will take quality care of you:" it doesnt read right.

I didnt look through the gallery's as I have seen loads of your photos and they are exceptional, so I think t5he gallery's will speak for themselves.

Its a great range of print options and like the way you have photos of all the products.

Appreciated friend!! Thanks for letting me know about the typo too!

How ya been? I haven't been on here in a while. Doing better?
12 years 3 months ago #190409 by mattmoran
Looks awesome. I didn't pour through it, but one thing that jumped out at me when reading your philosophy section:
"There's something about the color tone and contrast of a properly exposed, processed, and printed film photograph that I loose with a DSLR image."
I think you mean to say that you "lose" something with a DSLR image.

I wish my pictures looked half as good as yours.

-Matt
12 years 3 months ago #190449 by Karl Wertanen

mattmoran wrote: Looks awesome. I didn't pour through it, but one thing that jumped out at me when reading your philosophy section:
"There's something about the color tone and contrast of a properly exposed, processed, and printed film photograph that I loose with a DSLR image."
I think you mean to say that you "lose" something with a DSLR image.

I wish my pictures looked half as good as yours.

Thanks! And like I mentioned to photobod, I really appreciate the spell and grammar check!!
12 years 3 months ago #190538 by Baydream
Outstanding job, Karl. When I got to the B&W trees, I had to stop and just gaze a while. :thumbsup:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #190543 by icepics
Good way to say it, you could spend some time in those photos. I hadn't seen some of them in awhile and others I didn't remember were yours, I enjoyed looking at them.

You said it's a rough draft so maybe you already have in mind to have someone proofread it. Occupational hazard as a teacher I guess, there are mistakes in grammer, spelling, etc. which jumped out as me as I read. As a start, you don't need the colon in the title, and you might think about putting the name of your photography business in the top line and something like Landscape Photography in Film by Karl... etc. in the second line.

As outstanding as your work is you probably want your website to be equally sharp and professional looking, so getting it proofread would polish it up. You have a good style of describing your life and work etc.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #190544 by Shanna-Marie
Wow..... your photography is amazing Karl, and so inspiring..... thank you for sharing your site. I think I've found a new place to hang out, this is Awesome!!!

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 3 months ago #190685 by photobod

Karl Wertanen wrote:

photobod wrote: Hi Karl, its looking good my friend, I am on my net book using a dongle in a local cafe and its working fine there, imagine it will be better at home on my main computer, only spotted one typography error, in purchasing and says "If you have any problems with your order you can email SmugMug and they will take quality care of you:" it doesnt read right.

Appreciated friend!! Thanks for letting me know about the typo too!

How ya been? I haven't been on here in a while. Doing better?

Feeling much better now Karl thankyou, its poor Wendy who is suffering bless her.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 3 months ago #190689 by Scotty
You know what i'm going to say already.

It's looks good, and i'm a fan of your work.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #190813 by Karl Wertanen

Baydream wrote: Outstanding job, Karl. When I got to the B&W trees, I had to stop and just gaze a while. :thumbsup:

Thanks! And that picture you are referring to is actually a color shot. It's a long exposure of a snowstorm at night. If you look closely, there's brown oak leaves still hanging on to some of the trees. :)

It's John right Baydream? Sorry, It's been so long since i've been active on this page. It's been a while.
12 years 3 months ago #190814 by Karl Wertanen
Thanks again folks and another thanks again for the help with the spell check/grammer!
12 years 3 months ago #191115 by Stealthy Ninja
Yes spieling is vary impotunt. Joo noob.
12 years 1 week ago #218376 by mclayton
Very nice website. Nice and clean design and very user friendly.

12 years 1 week ago #218403 by John Landolfi
Somehow, I missed this post, Karl! But I just looked at your site, and it is great. I love your work (I think we share many ideas, and I find similarities in what we choose to see, and I will keep using film as long as I can). Best of luck!

BTW, the word you want is "Plains", not Planes:)

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024