Critique my website please

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #208160 by ronjulius
Hi everyone! I'm an aspiring wedding photographer and I would like you to comment and critique my website, from a brides point of view and from a photographers point of view. All the images on my site were taken when I was a second shooter. I eventually would like to do my own weddings. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Ron Fernando
www.cleanandcrispphotography.com

Attachments:
12 years 1 month ago #208192 by Darrell
I like the lay out of your web page. :judge:
I do not care for the music playing on a web site, I say this after the feed back I received from having music on my own page. I suggest that you ask people if they generally like music on a web site, don't ask if they like the music of your's becasue they of course will say yes. One person told me that she does most of here surfing at work between clients, she said going to a site and having music playing can be very disruptive, and for people on slow internet it is a problem. Also on your site when you turn the music off, it starts again when you go to another page.
Your pictures are very creative but 2 or 3 seem poor quality and are far from clean and crisp, this maybe from the size of file uploaded to the page, ( bride and father, little girl. and the groom standing up front seem grainy) the B&W are awesome...

Over all I think your page is looking GREAT !! :judge: :judge: :beerbang:

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
12 years 1 month ago #208237 by geoffellis
Overall its a very nice, clean, look. I like the design. Only suggestion would be the contact page... theres way to much white space. Center the form on the page and maybe move the large message box to the right. No need to scroll if it can all be on one page

And finally. You MUST remove the music. Get rid of it. Theres no VALID excuse for having it. Its simply WRONG. LOL Its intrusive. Not only will not everyone like your music... but you have to consider that tons of people surf the net while listening to their music, or watching tv, movies, voice/cam chatting. Not to mention those sitting in an office at work, or in diner/cafe... music suddenly starts blaring.

Then you have things like mobile internet. A lot of people are converting to mobile 3G/4G/HSPA internet especially on things like laptops, ipads, and high-end mobile phones. Not only does music slow the experience down, but it eats still relatively costly bandwidth.

There are other reasons... such as its considered amateur, and tacky... but ill finish off that if you MUST have music... default the music player to off,,, and have a play button that is visible... that they can choose to play should they want the music.
12 years 1 month ago #208245 by Darrell
:agree: :agree:

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
12 years 1 month ago #208246 by geoffellis

Darrell wrote: :agree: :agree:

Thanks. I know you pretty much covered the same issue... but i wanted to make sure there was a very emphatic NO there. heh
12 years 1 month ago #208303 by ronjulius
Thanks for your input guys! I see how music can be an issue. I decided to turn the music is not turn off.

Darrell - The three photos you mentioned were slightly grainy to begin with. I tried recovering the images in post but i guess i might have done a little too much and made it more grainy.

Geofellis - I agree with the contact page and how there's too much white space. I will be putting a photo to the right of the contact form but I haven't decided what photo to put.

I hope to book some gigs using this site so your inputs are very much appreiciated!

12 years 1 month ago #213422 by Bluespotphotography
Great looking website. It's very professional.

12 years 1 month ago #213444 by Darrell
Your web site has improved 100% :judge: :judge: Suggest you remove Blog link until you have it up and running.
Excellent :judge: :judge:

11 years 9 months ago #240245 by josh
looks great nice,clean and to the point and its not jammed with to much so it loads nice and fast.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024