Follow      Your Account   |   Login

emo Is Sony on the rise with the A77 DSLR and the NEX 7?

3 years 5 months ago #198835

Anyone happen to know how much market share Sony has in the camera industry? I've been reading some of the specs on these cameras and I have to say these are impressive. Just wondering how many people are buying Sony's vs Canon or Nikon?

Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #198893

For 2010, this site published the following statement based on worldwide sales:
According to the global IDC numbers for 2010, Canon had a 44.5% global market share versus 29.8% by Nikon and 11.9% by Sony.
The figures are for interchangeable lens cameras.

www.1001noisycameras.com/2011/04/canon-d...ket-share-yir-6.html

Figures are hard to nail down because different sites use different metrics (units vs price volume, US vs Japanese vs worldwide figures). Sony does seem to have a growing market.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

3 years 5 months ago #198918

Some minolta fans use Sony. I know a guy who's a die hard sony/minolta fan... even he says Sony don't have a decent FF camera yet.

3 years 4 months ago #216306

:drool:

Country guy living in the big Apple!

3 years 3 months ago #220485

I love my A77. I am pretty much an amature and hobbiest. Used a Minolta Automatic Film SLR for a while, when DSLR's came out I got and used an A100 (already had couple of lenses and no money so felt I needed to stick with Minolta-Sony brand). Used this for years and got a couple more lenses. Few months ago I got the A77, (still no money for new lenses). I am loving this camera, even though there is a learning curve.

Cherish the days