Sony A700

13 years 6 months ago #2727 by overtherainbow
Does anyone have Sony A700? What do you think of it?

13 years 5 months ago #7045 by MsBritmor
It's a really good camera, but I have now replaced mine with a Sony a55 which I like a lot more! The a700 has now been discontinued by Sony, but you may still be able to find one second-hand.

12 years 11 months ago #46006 by jel-huck
I have the Sony A900 but it is pricey. Get a good lense to go with it and it is a great piece. I first started out with the sony that had a 3.5" floppy disc and have stuck with Sony since. I find the color is very realistic.

12 years 11 months ago #47035 by ackhaiti
I had an a700 for about three years and after I got used to the menu I just loved it. Traveling in Argentina a couple months ago got it stollen. Deep depression. I just found a used one on Amazon that looks good and my wife agreed that I should do it. So, Soon I should be able to report more about the a700

12 years 11 months ago #47167 by BigRich
I shoot the a700 and I really like it. I have had no problems with it and find it a great tool to use.

12 years 11 months ago #47691 by Foto-House
I have had my A700 since it was first released, I must say it is the best camera I have used, and every bit as good as the Canikons of the same level. Having said that it is overdue for an upgrade due to technology marching forward. The A580 is currently Sony's top OVF APS-c camera and a very good camera that is available for close to the cost of a used A700, if I was in the market today that is the way I would go.

12 years 11 months ago #47786 by smacintyre
I have been shooting the a700 for 2 years and I love it. Just bought a 70-200 2.8 ssm G to go with it.

12 years 10 months ago #71793 by NicoleL
I'm chiming in way late to say that I also have a Sony a700. Love it, but also eagerly awaiting it's upgrade!

Nicole
NicoleLeonard.com

NicoleLeonard.com

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024