Sony a6000 lens choices

1 year 6 months ago #704323 by likestoo
After endless problems with dust getting in during lens changes and ruining photos I have developed a super quick lens change routine. Unfortunately recently I left the kit lens on its side during this and it rolled off my desk and onto the floor and now won't work.

It is quite pricey to buy separate so I was looking to see if there was a letter alternative. My researches seemed to suggest that if you discount zoom function (which I use on maybe 3-4% of photos) the Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS would be the obvious one. I was about to buy it and then saw this review which compared it to the Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC DN:
www.pcmag.com/reviews/sony-e-35mm-f18-oss

I actually already have this (as well as a Sony 4/16-105). It is brilliant for capturing an object about a metre from the viewer. But for a streetscape or a landscape its field of view is too cropped. So my question is I am in danger of buying the wrong lens?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #708837 by TCav
Sigma's primes for the E-Mount are quite good, but they aren't stabilized.

Pickin's are slim for the E-Mount right now. Don't spend a lot. Something better might be just around the corner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022

In this Nikon Z5 review, we'll discuss the specs, features, pros, and cons of this enthusiast-level camera. We'll also offer tips on where to buy one on the cheap!

May 10, 2022

The Leica Q (Typ 116) is a fantastic camera for intermediate and advanced shooters. Is it the best choice for you, though? Find out in this detailed review!

Apr 28, 2022

Looking for Best Budget Camera of 2022? Here’s my pick- Sony ZV-1. This best budget camera is loaded with features that give it lots of bang for your buck.

Feb 18, 2022
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Not every photo book is made alike. Some are superior to others because of the options you get. Learn what to look for in this guide.

Jun 28, 2022

What is the best camera in 2022? That's a loaded question whose answer depends on many factors. In this guide, we'll explore some great options!

Jun 22, 2022

GoPro accessories come in all shapes, sizes and price points. But which ones are the best? We offer our favorite picks in this 2022 guide.

Jun 22, 2022

If you're in the market for some Sony FE lenses for your kit, use this guide to learn more about three excellent prime and zoom lens options.

Jun 22, 2022

If you want to take the best close-up images, you'll need some macro photography lenses to get the clearest, sharpest photos.

Jun 21, 2022

What is a metal print? The easy answer is that it's an image printed on metal. But the best metal prints are a product of a more intricate process.

Jun 21, 2022

After using Linksys routers for many years, I switched to a Synology Router - the RT6600ax. Here are my first impressions!

Jun 15, 2022

In this Leica QP review, learn about this capable camaera's specs, features, pros, cons, and more, so you can decide if it's the right camera for you.

Jun 15, 2022