Sony Alpha NEX-5 Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera w/18-55mm Lens

12 years 10 months ago #55956 by NikkiG
How is this camera? Would this be considered a point and shoot still or DSLR? It looks like a mix between the two? B&H has on sale for $649 and I'm tempted to pick this up.

Thanks for the help.

Nikki

12 years 10 months ago #56316 by Thomas S
I have looked at that camera myself. I'm not sure what it would be considered. I personally would still call it a compact. I plan to get this camera this summer, there are some good video reviews on it. Excellent camera.

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #56667 by KCook
I like the term "mirrorless" camera. Arguably the best sensor of all the various mirrorless cameras. So the image quality is very good for that type. The new Sony E-mount lenses seem a bit bulky to me. Mirrorless cameras from other makers may be a more compact package.

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 10 months ago #71317 by karthiksrichandra
hello Nikki

my camera nikon d5000 is worthful for its price and very nice one.its gud for its price.but it lacks some features like focus motor,speedlite transmitter,lacks 1080p vid.as for photography considered 18-55mm & 50mm f/1.8 suits well.get this cam or else get nikon d5100 its also very nice cam and same as d5000.d5100 quality is incredible.sorry for the late reply.

12 years 10 months ago #71321 by karthiksrichandra
hello nikki
sorry for the wrong reply.sony nex cams r very nice and lite in weight.i prefer choosing point and shoot rather than NEX versions.these lenses costs little more.also check Dxomark.com compare the cameras.choose the one suits u.u better to shift canon 1100d with sigma 18-250mm lens suits for multipurpose at reasonable price

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

Latest Articles

Smartphone photos have come a long way in recent years. With their increase in quality comes the ability to create large prints. Learn why canvas is a great option for your phone photos!

Mar 29, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024