How to Shoot Hockey Article on PT

12 years 9 months ago #111770 by Rob pix4u2
For all of you wondering how to get dynamic shots of the fast moving sport of hockey, Part 1 of 2 has just been posted in the articles section. Enjoy !

Another companion article appears in www.prohockeynews.com this week so check them both out to capture all the hard hitting action of my favorite sport

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

Attachments:
12 years 9 months ago #111790 by Baydream
Thanks for the heads-up, Rob.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #111793 by photobod
Great Rob liking that mag cover :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 9 months ago #111961 by Rob pix4u2
You're welcome :banana: :nunu:

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #112011 by icepics
Awesome! - printed it to read later. In the meantime, good choice of a cover photo - besides being a good picture, that takes care of dasher ads being a distraction.

Does your article cover things like what to do when a player looms in front of you blocking the light and your viewfinder goes dark? LOL I'm just kidding, congrats on that and the Pro Hockey News article.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #112014 by Baydream
Finally got a chance to read the article. Well written, Rob. Thanks for sharing.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #112028 by chasrich
Thanks Rob. You did as great job not only in the technical advice (tech writing is harder than it looks) but also in the possible targets you might catch as the game progresses. I would be somewhat at a loss going to my first hockey match but this article would take a lot of the mystery out of the equation. Well done Rob! :judge: :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 9 months ago #112074 by icepics
You did a good job explaining it for people in a way that they could understand it, even if they aren't real familiar w/hockey. Good advice to go for warm ups, most arenas let people stand at ice level for that, depends on what level of hockey it is if they let people stay there during the game (parents can usually take pictures of their kids' games at local rinks but it's different at college and major or minor league games). Nice to see your work published.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #112084 by Shadowfixer1
Nice article Rob. Well written. I love this cover!! Top notch.
12 years 9 months ago #112734 by icepics
Rob, don't know if you saw on the local 'clones fan board that there's a post about the article being published. :thumbsup:

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #112756 by Stealthy Ninja
Nice article.

One minor thing though, you said:
"Hockey is a year round sport as it is winter in the southern hemisphere now."

Even though it's winter in the Southern Hemisphere (you should use capitals for that BTW), doesn't mean it's played down there. I can't speak for other countries, but I know Ice Hockey isn't very popular in Australia. They have leagues and stuff, but it's really not popular. :) I'd imagine it's not too popular in New Zealand, South Africa and South America too.

Great article though Rob, lots of stuff there for noobs and non-noobs alike. ;)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024