Renault World Series - Silverstone - Updated images...

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #129542 by TheNissanMan
God I'm knackered :)

Another attempt at motorsport today with changing light and trying to think of different angles rather than the side on ones I've taken on previous attempts...

I tried to stay in Manual (which I sort of regret) but sort of happy with what I've looked at so far.

As usual any feedback would be greatly apprecaited and how the hell do some of the regulars in this section of the forum get their shutter speeds so low, every time I tried I just ended up with a blurry mess on my screen :)

12 years 7 months ago #129544 by MLKstudios
Manual focus or manual exposure?

Good work btw. :)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago #129546 by TheNissanMan
Exposure, manual focus I would have come home with absolutely nothing :)

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #129547 by MLKstudios
If the light doesn't change, then your exposures don't need to change either. **

An old school method is to point the camera at the grass, and meter it (in CWA mode). Then fuggidabotit.

The idea that the best exposure comes from metering each and every scene is a fallacy. In fact it is more likely to give you wrong exposures, than right ones.

Next time.. MF too. ;)

** Once your exposure is set, you can use reciprocals to control DoF.

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago #129706 by Shadowfixer1
No. 6 is a very nice image. Good panning job.
12 years 7 months ago #129955 by mklinejr
I like them. i personally dont like to get my shutter speed to low ... i like the logos to be very sharp and it seems when I get to low they aren't as crisp as I would like to see.

Life is much more managable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party - Jimmy Buffet
12 years 7 months ago #130072 by canon4me
very nice : )

12 years 7 months ago #130079 by Baydream
Good balance of shutter speed to get sharp shots plus the blur of motion. :thumbsup:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #130242 by Scotty
I like them. Good panning head makes all the difference and a lot of practice.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #130793 by Alex

Scotty wrote: I like them. Good panning head makes all the difference and a lot of practice.

:iagree:

I'm a car nut so these photos rock

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #131147 by TheNissanMan
Thought I would have another look at some of the shots I took on the weekend, I binned a load when I was tired, luckily I don't delete them, I think I like these ones as well but any crit would be appreciated....

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024