Marmite time.... Drifting again :)

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #143249 by TheNissanMan
I'm going through yesterdays shots with fresh eyes and being half asleep and for some reason like the shots below, but, not being a motorsport tog I don't really know what is acceptable and what is not so would really appreciate some honest feedback.

My favourite image is no.3, not sure why but would love to hear your opinions :)

As above any crit whether good or bad would be appreciated...

The following user(s) said Thank You: TheChad
12 years 7 months ago #143296 by Baydream
#3 is the one that would make a cool poster. It has enough abstraction to work, the others are not quite "off" enough to do that.
#3 could also be part of an ad for the sport - just add words.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #143833 by Joiemagic
:agree: :agree: :agree:

#3 really does it for me as well... I think it is the slant of the picture, the color and the feeling of movement that does it for me...

Great job on all of them though...

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #143838 by MLKstudios
3 :judge:

You got a Dutch tilt that works! Also there is a good balance of light and dark (Yin and Yang).

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago #143860 by chasrich
:agree: I like the tilt...

Off topic question - Did the Dutch get credit for the Dutch Tilt because of the fabulous mountains they are famous for?

You have some difficult obstacles to overcome - movement and darkness. The darkness and blurred lights compliment that speed element. This is the kind of blending I'm going to take with me into my next movement in the dark shoot. Well done! :thumbsup: :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 7 months ago #143901 by John37
Yes.... number 3 is awesome!

"The most endangered species? The honest man!"
12 years 7 months ago #144092 by TheNissanMan
Thanks for the feedback, I'll post some more when I get processing.

Following on from the feedback from here and a few other sites I tried putting 6 shots up onto Alamy and all were accepted :) :) :)

12 years 7 months ago #144096 by Stealthy Ninja
Number 3 is pretty nice man, the others are OK I suppose.
12 years 7 months ago #144102 by photobod
Like like like like like :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 7 months ago #144114 by TheNissanMan
Thanks for the comments guys, am happier now than when I posted them.

I have had some absolutely amazing feedback from the few I selected to show the guys who arranged the media bib for the event and may even have some paid work next season (helps knowing one of the sponsors well ).

Never in a month of Sundays did I expect the feedback I am geting on some of the shots from various places but I am currently one very happy bunny! Hopefully tomorrow I will get around to finishing the editing and posting my final favourites :) :) :)

Cloud 9 atm :)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024