Hockey Pic of the Day for Wednesday

12 years 5 months ago #162112 by Rob pix4u2

and yes #44 name really is Rabbit

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

Attachments:
12 years 5 months ago #162113 by McBeth Photography
Nice capture Rob. I would probably get a good chuckle about #44's last name ..... but only from behind a plexiglass barrier. lol. :)

It is what it is.
12 years 5 months ago #162123 by chasrich
The moment of the drop... Is capturing the fast moving puck one of the goals you like to capture?

As always Rob - :judge: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 5 months ago #162130 by Rob pix4u2
My goal is to catch the puck before it gets swept away on face offs, in mid-air on ceremonial puck drops, and on the stick prior to shots. Also to catch it anywhere around the goaltenders. I've practiced the timing of single shots rather than burst mode captures to train my eye for this.

This allowed me to catch these shots that I probably otherwise would have missed

Rob Huelsman Sr.

Attachments:
12 years 5 months ago #162134 by chasrich
I thought burst shooting was soooo cool when I first discovered it... Now I'm back to single shots to refine the timing. Do you need a protege Rob - I seem to be on a similar track. I'll take you out on my boat in the off season. :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 5 months ago #162161 by Rob pix4u2
I would be honored to teach you the art of shooting hockey, once Orlando has an ECHL team again I would love to travel to Florida to shoot some games while it is cold up here in the north.

Rob Huelsman Sr.

12 years 5 months ago #162183 by QC 89
Go rabbit!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :judge:

12 years 5 months ago #162187 by photobod
Two very cool shots, your timing is always perfect.. :judge: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 5 months ago #162266 by Dori
I love your hockey shots! :judge: :judge: :thumbsup:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 5 months ago #162392 by Rob pix4u2
Thanks Dori I will keep them coming

Rob Huelsman Sr.

12 years 5 months ago #164061 by les_stockton

Rob pix4u2 wrote: and yes #44 name really is Rabbit

First name, Roger?
12 years 5 months ago #164069 by LauraD
Nice action shots :judge:

I am a serious hobbyist and I am constantly trying to challenge myself with new and interesting shots. My photography can also be viewed here:
lauradphotography.zenfolio.com/
laura-daddona.artistwebsites.com/
LauraD.imagekind.com

12 years 5 months ago #164151 by Rob pix4u2
Thanks Y'all and to Les- His first name is Wacey

Rob Huelsman Sr.

12 years 5 months ago #164152 by Stealthy Ninja
Wacey Rabbit...

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024