Top 10 Most Famous Photos in the World

13 years 3 months ago #10989 by Dan Dangerfield
Just came across this link, a few of these I've seen before. www.mostinterestingfacts.com/art/top-10-...os-in-the-world.html

I have to say I find #2 and #5 disturbing, I didn't know about #8, pretty cool.

Any ways I thought this was a interesting link ;)

13 years 3 months ago #10998 by Chipper
Oh yeah, there are a few controversial photos in that bunch. Good post

13 years 3 months ago #11007 by Happy Hour
I've seen the first photo a few times before. I didn't know the photographer who took the 5th photo killed him self?

The first photo such a amazing photo.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #11010 by Scotty
Great photos, my favorite of all time is number one.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #11017 by Ziggy
Number one is remarkable, I've seen that before. So much story being told there. Makes you wonder with how popular that photo is, how much that photographer made off that?

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #11147 by Stealthy Ninja
Some great/disturbing photos.

Number 7 is the cover of a Rage Against The Machine album.

Number 5 is just messed up. After doing what he did, I can see why the photographer ended his own life. That's... messed up.

Makes you wanna go write a cheque...
13 years 3 months ago #11154 by One Wish

Dan Dangerfield wrote: Just came across this link, a few of these I've seen before. www.mostinterestingfacts.com/art/top-10-...os-in-the-world.html

I agree, but number 5 is just wrong. Number one is pretty cool.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #11160 by Scotty

One Wish wrote:

Dan Dangerfield wrote: Just came across this link, a few of these I've seen before. www.mostinterestingfacts.com/art/top-10-...os-in-the-world.html

After the picture, I would have ran up and kicked that bird.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #11192 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote:

One Wish wrote:

After the picture, I would have ran up and kicked that bird.

And I would have taken a photo of you kicking the bird. That would be SWEEEET!

Oh yeah, save the kid too. :whistle:
13 years 3 months ago #11253 by Ziggy
That's sad to hear stories like that, where the photographer didn't help the poor kid, but finiancially gained from the photo. Which ultimately made him infamous and drove him to his own dealth. Ironic when you consider the message his photo was telling.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #11482 by Stealthy Ninja

Ziggy wrote: That's sad to hear stories like that, where the photographer didn't help the poor kid, but finiancially gained from the photo. Which ultimately made him infamous and drove him to his own dealth. Ironic when you consider the message his photo was telling.

YEh. I like to think someone saved that kid though, surely the photographer wasn't the only guy there. I really hope so.
13 years 3 months ago #12133 by Hamtastic

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Ziggy wrote: That's sad to hear stories like that, where the photographer didn't help the poor kid, but finiancially gained from the photo. Which ultimately made him infamous and drove him to his own dealth. Ironic when you consider the message his photo was telling.

YEh. I like to think someone saved that kid though, surely the photographer wasn't the only guy there. I really hope so.

No kidding, I would be you are right. But regardless kind of tore up and sad.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #12565 by Silver Fox
I've seen the first one before, I don't know what to say about those others. A bit on the disturbing side of things.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024