Will I Ever Be Warm Again?

13 years 3 months ago #11036 by debra_moore
My momma always said you could start up any conversation talking about the weather, so.... This is my first winter in Portland, Oregon - I'm a transplant from Atlanta. I don't think I'm ever going to be warm again. It's cold and rainy and damp and foggy and dreary and cloudy and.... The summer was gorgeous, but I'm having second thoughts about this town in the winter.

13 years 3 months ago #11047 by nikon_steve
Hang in there, Portland! It takes a couple of years to aclimate youself to a new climate, but after that you won't notice it. Not much, anyway. And the Portland area has so much to offer. Give it a chance.

13 years 3 months ago #11053 by The Photo Guy
Yes you will be warm again. Summer is just around the corner (keep telling yourself that)

13 years 3 months ago #11145 by Stealthy Ninja
I don't like summer. Summer is hot, humid and rainy... in Hong Kong that is. :P

Just go down to Australia, it's summer there. ;)
13 years 3 months ago #11231 by scarman1313
Depends on how bad you want to be warm. You could turn the heat on. Get under a blanket. Jog. Stick your head in the oven and turn it on. Eat Spicy foods. Wear lots of cloths. Tie your hands behind your back and light your hair on fire. Find someone to cuddle with in front of a fireplace. Eat lots of soup and chilli.

13 years 3 months ago #11240 by Alex
Pretty cold here in California, dipped in the low 70's today! ha ha ha

Seriously we saw 40's!

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #11484 by Stealthy Ninja

Alex wrote: Pretty cold here in California, dipped in the low 70's today! ha ha ha

Seriously we saw 40's!

I never get Fahrenheit, such a weird system... let me translate those numbers to Celsius.

70º = 21º Nice cool/warm weather, depending on where you're from.
40's = 4º - 9º cold but not "freezing".

That's for everyone outside United States, Belize and Jamaica. :p
13 years 3 months ago #11752 by Saywhat11
It's almost 2 days later, are you warm yet?

13 years 3 months ago #11794 by wandaf
Try living in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota! Snow up to the roofline is a common occurrence. And let's not even mention wind chill factors!

13 years 3 months ago #11834 by Stealthy Ninja

wandaf wrote: Try living in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota! Snow up to the roofline is a common occurrence. And let's not even mention wind chill factors!

:lol: WIND CHILL FACTORS!!!!11 :lol:

Opps. :oops:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024