Last person to post in this thread wins the "I'm the Man or Woman" and $200 shopping spree

3 months 1 week ago #648143 by Stanly
Feel better friend!

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 1 week ago #648146 by Hassner
Up today. Thanks! 

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #648148 by KenMan
Good to hear. Do you get much rain or even snow there?

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #648158 by Chester Foster
My last post before I get out and mow the lawn.  

3 months 1 week ago #648160 by Hassner
Ken, snow inland, maybe twice a year in winter, 1-2 hours drive from my house. 
The Cape is a winter rainfall region. As you go inland it changes to summer rainfall. The thunderstorm type. 

Photo Comments

3 months 6 days ago #648180 by Overread
I bet you all get some fierce thunderstorms!  

Photo Comments

3 months 6 days ago #648181 by Ian Stone
You should see NYC during a thunderstorm. 

Photo Comments

3 months 6 days ago #648190 by Shen, Jiong Men
It must be awesome to photography those.

3 months 6 days ago #648215 by Hassner
Overread, we harly ever see a thunderstorm. Some years back someone did a spectacular shot accross the bay towards the city and Table Mountain. It was a composite of about eight shots. (If the shutter is open for too long for enough light trails, the landscape overexposes.)

Photo Comments

3 months 6 days ago #648277 by JaneK
I'm actually surprised about this.   I would have thought you would be getting tons of thunderstorms down there.  Hmmm, news to me!  

Will you get much rain?  

Photo Comments

3 months 5 days ago #648328 by I shoot RAW

Hassner wrote: I live 30minutes out of town, but with morning traffic it is 1 1/2 hours, if there is an accident, two hours. If I have to go in, I leave at 5am to miss the traffic and go breakfast in the city. I live in Somerset West, 10 minutes from the beach. 

Yikes!  That is serious traffic.  

Wasn't me :)
Photo Comments

3 months 5 days ago #648336 by Howard Swanson
I see enough traffic for my day job.  Pass when I can! No pun intended.  

Photo Comments

3 months 5 days ago #648348 by Princess Burk
Traffic is never fun! 

3 months 5 days ago #648373 by Hassner
Howard, I just plan my trips against the traffic or leaving very early and have breakfast in the city. 

Pinkie, we had the worst rainfall figures in more than a 100 years with 100x more users. 2 Minute showers in a bucket and bucket used for loo flushing. Did it for two years. 50 Years ago we would have 6 rainy days in a row. Nowadays we are lucky to get 6 hours in a week. 

Photo Comments

3 months 5 days ago #648427 by Tamara Dowell
I was stuck at traffic for 2 hours last night. 

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In the Nikon Z7 vs Sony a9 shootout, which camera comes out on top? They're evenly matched with excellent features, but both cameras definitely shine in different areas.

Sep 23, 2019

The Nikon D5 is a big professional camera, but is it worth the nearly $6,000 price tag? Find out in this Nikon D5 review.

Sep 16, 2019

If you're looking for the best laptop for photo editing, you've come to the right place. From the best budget laptop to laptops over $2,000, these computers will fit any budget.

Sep 10, 2019

In this Canon EOS M6 Mark II review, learn about the essential specs, features, pros, and cons of Canon's newest mirrorless camera.

Sep 10, 2019

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

In the Nikon Z7 vs Sony a9 shootout, which camera comes out on top? They're evenly matched with excellent features, but both cameras definitely shine in different areas.

Sep 23, 2019

In this gift guide, find inspiration for some of the best gifts for photographers under $1,000. From lights to camera bags, cameras to massive prints, you can find just about anything for the photographer on your list.

Sep 20, 2019

Looking to take your camera away from the crowds? Consider these off-the-beaten-path travel destinations for photographers as a great place to start!

Sep 20, 2019

Photo by Cristal Malek Photography Meet Cozette and Bordreaux. They're your typical parents, except they are French Bulldogs. But French Bulldogs enjoy the...

Sep 20, 2019

If you're ready to take your photography underwater, be sure to consult our list of the best underwater drones money can buy in 2019.

Sep 19, 2019

Video recording glasses have been around for awhile now, so they're nothing new. However, recent price drops have made them quite affordable. Check out the best video recording glasses on our list of budget-friendly options.

Sep 19, 2019

Camera sling bags are a top choice for photographers that want functionality, comfort, and ease of use. Here's our pick for the top 5 camera sling bags of 2019.

Sep 18, 2019

The Fujifilm X-A7 was recently announced as the successor to the X-A5. With some significant improvements, it might just be the best entry-level mirrorless camera on the market.

Sep 18, 2019