Last person to post in this thread wins the "I'm the Man or Woman" and $200 shopping spree

3 years 6 months ago #698213 by JaneK
OMG, it's a long story bad kitty.  But I'm kind of stuck here, well I like it too.  But before Covid, I was flying back to the states nearly every month. 

Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #698225 by JennieGee
I'll play.

Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #698228 by Hassner
Nice play, Jennie! 

Pinkie, if you need to fly “back” every month, guess where home is? 
Wow, who pays for those flights? Or you must earn a bundle! 

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #698254 by JaneK
Ha ha ha, yes I do have perks with the travel industry.  My father was a Delta Airline pilot and my mother owns a travel company.  Family benefits come in handy!

What are you doing this weekend?

Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #698274 by Hassner
Pinkie, yesterday was my sister’s wake. Today my wife is working, I need to fix a drawer runner in the kitchen. Sunday am is church, pm is leisure. 

Our national airliner, SAA is bankrupt before Covid because of major corruption. Our bankrupt country is still trying and pumping billions of our taxes into it... 
A lot of travel agency shops are standing empty. Did not survive lockdown. Pilots were on percentage of their income, lower and lower percentages every month. I hope your parents survived? 

No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #698282 by Hoss
Airlines are you screwed 

Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #698304 by Nicole Summers
I'm sorry for your loss Hassner! My heart goes out for you. 

3 years 6 months ago #698360 by Hassner
Thanks, Nicole. 

Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #698371 by Scott Klubeck
First, sorry for your loss.  Your sister is in a much better place.  

Second, airlines are just in trouble regardless where you are at.  They are after bail outs there, and the government is taking its time to step. 

Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #698372 by Hassner
Thanks. Agreed.

The trouble with SAA airline is that it was bankrupt before Covid. Billions was pumped into it, still bankrupt. Now, after Covid there is NO chance to get a flame in those ashes. Yet government will pump more billions of our taxes in there, just because government decision makes gets free SAA flights as part of their perks.

Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #698403 by JaneK
Oh no, sorry to hear this bad kitty!  My condolences to you and your family!

Do you enjoy working with wood?

Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #698414 by Stella Marize
My condolences. 

3 years 6 months ago #698432 by Hassner
Thanks Stella. 

Pinkie, I did. I had woodwork at school. But that was 200 years ago. 

Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #698447 by KenMan
I have managed to build a small woodworking bench in my garage. My biggest problem is time.  What little free time I have, photography gets, leaving working with wood, which I love to do, very tough. 

Sorry for your loss!

Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #698517 by Crazyguy
Love woodworking, but like you time is my biggest enemy.  Just not enough of it!  Perhaps when I retire I'll have the time if I don't pick up other hobbies.  

An Irishman is not drunk as long as he can hold on to one blade of grass to keep from falling off the world.
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024