Last person to post in this thread wins the "I'm the Man or Woman" and $200 shopping spree

1 month 4 weeks ago #652492 by JaneK
Are you saying one of those branches from the Quiver tree is what gave you the flat? 

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 4 weeks ago #652498 by Hassner
Pinkie, this is days later, 400km apart. 

Photo Comments

1 month 4 weeks ago #652510 by Frisco
Interesting looking tree.  Do you see a lot of cars on the road out there?

Nikon 18-55mm VR, Nikon 70-200mm VRII f/2.8, Nikon 50mm f/1.8, Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, SB-700 & SB-800
Photo Comments

1 month 4 weeks ago #652515 by Hassner
Frisco, like any road, it depends which road.
One gravel road might have a car a minute, one will not even have a car per hour.
I’ve been on some desert roads where you might pass a few cars for the day. 

Photo Comments

1 month 4 weeks ago #652532 by Amelia Wilson
So who helped you fix the wheels? 

1 month 4 weeks ago #652552 by Hassner
I am male. :lol:  It is just nuts and bolts. 
The next town was 150km away. Just glad I did not need another tyre on that stretch of road. 

Photo Comments

1 month 4 weeks ago #652585 by James Sencil
Good call! Who were with you? 

1 month 4 weeks ago #652597 by Hassner
Alone. 
One hour from home now. 
Nearly 3000km. 

Photo Comments

1 month 4 weeks ago #652606 by JaneK
fun fun fun

Do you guys have Starbucks there?

Photo Comments

1 month 3 weeks ago #652644 by Wyrick Photography
Starbucks are on ever corner of this Earth.  I'm sure they are at where he's at.  

Canon 5d Mark II • Canon 24-105mm F/4.0 • Canon 135mm F/2.0 • Canon 50mm F/1.8 • Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 • Canon 580ex ii
Photo Comments

1 month 3 weeks ago #652646 by Hassner
We have a Seattle Coffee, a local that made it a lot lke Starbucks. When Starbucks planned to come to SA, they decided Seattle are better and cheaper, so too strong competition. Now, years later, I heard they might try again with about 3 stores in a year’s time. I tried Starbucks in Germany. Overrated! I did not see them in Poland, Vienna, Prague Budapest, Croatia, so maybe they are not everywhere. 
But good coffee was not in the very small towns where I went. This was in a very small town: 

Photo Comments
Attachments:

1 month 3 weeks ago #652651 by Mark Hossack
We get that here a lot in cafes. We've got Starbucks but I really prefer Costa. I find Starbucks to be quite bland.

1 month 3 weeks ago #652660 by Hassner
As I stated before, Cape Town has the best voted coffee shop in the world.

za.truth.coffee

Photo Comments

1 month 3 weeks ago #652661 by Joseph Raymonds
Don't like Starbucks either. Homemade is always perfect.

1 month 3 weeks ago #652724 by Hassner
A good expresso machine is about half a month’s good salary. I do the plunger thing at home, but go out daily for good coffee. We are spoilt for choice. 

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon D5 is a big professional camera, but is it worth the nearly $6,000 price tag? Find out in this Nikon D5 review.

Sep 16, 2019

If you're looking for the best laptop for photo editing, you've come to the right place. From the best budget laptop to laptops over $2,000, these computers will fit any budget.

Sep 10, 2019

In this Canon EOS M6 Mark II review, learn about the essential specs, features, pros, and cons of Canon's newest mirrorless camera.

Sep 10, 2019

The Canon T7i is an entry-level camera with some excellent features that will help you learn and grow as a photographer. Find out if it's the right camera for you in this Canon T7i review.

Sep 09, 2019

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Looking to take your camera away from the crowds? Consider these off-the-beaten-path travel destinations for photographers as a great place to start!

Sep 20, 2019

Photo by Cristal Malek Photography Meet Cozette and Bordreaux. They're your typical parents, except they are French Bulldogs. But French Bulldogs enjoy the...

Sep 20, 2019

Video recording glasses have been around for awhile now, so they're nothing new. However, recent price drops have made them quite affordable. Check out the best video recording glasses on our list of budget-friendly options.

Sep 19, 2019

Camera sling bags are a top choice for photographers that want functionality, comfort, and ease of use. Here's our pick for the top 5 camera sling bags of 2019.

Sep 18, 2019

The Fujifilm X-A7 was recently announced as the successor to the X-A5. With some significant improvements, it might just be the best entry-level mirrorless camera on the market.

Sep 18, 2019

If your photo is flat and lacks much in the way of color and contrast, you can use these post-processing tips to add life to a flat photo.

Sep 17, 2019

Photo by Joe deSousa on Unsplash There are certain questionable tactics in the real estate game, like promising free pizzas for...

Sep 17, 2019

If you want to learn how to shoot professional video with a DSLR, start with these quick and simple videography tricks that will help you get better results.

Sep 16, 2019