Last person to post in this thread wins the "I'm the Man or Woman" and $200 shopping spree

6 months 1 day ago #655561 by Ian Stone
Isn't that the truth and good thing.  The transition from freedom (weekend) to the grind, is the worst.  

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 1 day ago #655607 by Shen, Jiong Men
I love the grind! 

6 months 1 day ago #655614 by Hassner
Pinky, my forefathers came to the southern point of Africa in the 1700’s.
I’m from mostly German origin, some french and Dutch influences, but my home language is Afrikaans, the language that originated in the Cape. 
Because of that I can understand some Dutch and Flemish.
The language used by government today is English.

Photo Comments

6 months 1 day ago #655617 by JaneK
Oh wow, your family tree has been there for a long time!  Have you ever lived elsewhere in your life journey?  

Photo Comments

6 months 23 hours ago #655623 by Hassner
I lived in Namibia for thirteen years, the country on our north-western border. 

Photo Comments

6 months 19 hours ago #655644 by Roger Lang
What sort of internet speed are you all getting over there?

Photo Comments

6 months 15 hours ago #655653 by Randy Shaw
I was reading certain areas of Africa have surprisingly high tech centers for being remote areas.  

Photo Comments

6 months 12 hours ago #655662 by Don Hatch
That's interesting. 

6 months 10 hours ago #655686 by Hassner
Roger, we got fibre here about a year ago. I took the 5mb up, 10mb down option. 
We have a huge income discrepancy in our country. So the majority of the population only use their phones. 

Photo Comments

6 months 5 hours ago #655698 by Ted Helm
Europe is big with their cell phones too aren't they?  I seem to recall last trip there they pushing that.

Photo Comments

6 months 3 hours ago #655725 by JaneK

Hassner wrote: I lived in Namibia for thirteen years, the country on our north-western border. 

Was that a far move for you?  When I moved from North Carolina to London, that was nearly a 4,000 mile jump for me.  

Photo Comments

6 months 3 hours ago #655728 by Princess Burk
:thumbsup:

5 months 4 weeks ago #655766 by Hassner
Pinky, only 1500km, but then I moved to another town, another 360km further. 

Photo Comments

5 months 4 weeks ago #655776 by ShutterPal
I'll jump in on this convo, you make it sound so close and short distance!

Photo Comments

5 months 4 weeks ago #655777 by Hassner
We drove 1850Km to go on holiday with the family, mostly through the night to avoid the heat.
That adds up to about 20 hours on the road. If it was further, we would have flown, but then you do not have your own car and can only pack a certain weight luggage.

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

In a Sony a9 vs Sony a9 II comparison, you might think the a9 II would be the clear winner. Not so fast! The older a9 has a distinct advantage - a much better price.

Feb 12, 2020

There are tons of options in terms of a camera on a budget. But with so many choices, it's hard to know what the ultimate deals are. Here are three top choices for budget-friendly DSLRs.

Feb 12, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Photo by Goh Rhy Yan on Unsplash While it's no secret that China heavily relies on state surveillance to mediate their country...

Feb 20, 2020

jungle photography, jungle photography tips, landscape photography, landscape photography gear

Feb 18, 2020

Starting a photography business requires you to do it in a way that is legitimate and legal. Get some critical tips on how to make your photography business legal in this quick tutorial.

Feb 17, 2020

Getting a beautiful canvas print requires much more than finding a good printer. Instead, you need to consider the various canvas print options in order to get the best-looking results.

Feb 17, 2020

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In many situations, a small travel tripod just doesn't give you the stability you need for your camera and accessories. But Octopad is a fantastic tripod alternative that offers top-notch support without taking up a ton of space.

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

The GoPro MAX is a fun 360-degree camera, but getting the best photos and videos with it requires that you learn a few tips. Get some insider tips in this quick tutorial!

Feb 14, 2020