Last person to post in this thread wins the "I'm the Man or Woman" and $200 shopping spree

3 years 9 months ago #691031 by Ian Stone
Reminds me of Home Alone movie when the guy grabs the door handle with the electrical power attached to it.  :rofl:

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #691034 by JaneK
Most your family from there right bad kitty?

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #691036 by Hassner

Rick Larin wrote: Electrical as in you can leathally get zapped?  We have electric fences here, but they are to keep animals in the fence and generally just a wake up zap.  

All expensive and upper middle class homes have electrical fencing as part of their security here. Enough to make sure you never touch it again.

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #691037 by Hassner

JaneK wrote: Most your family from there right bad kitty?

My surname comes from Germany, two brother that moved to SA early 1700’s.
My first name was a German Surname, Dr Hässner who moved to SA late 1700’s, had a daughter that married to one of the children of the two German bothers. 
His surname died out here, so it became a name. 

No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #691057 by Sawyer
Interesting background.  I have family that lives in Munich. 

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
3 years 8 months ago #691070 by JaneK
Hassner is your first name?  Ha!  I was wondering what your avatar name meant.  Well it's really nice to meet you.  Mine is Jane, although my mother calls me Janet, and I never liked that name so I go by Jane. 

Photo Comments
3 years 8 months ago #691082 by Hassner
Hi Jane, I thought I mentioned it before. 

Janet, Jane, all fine.

Imagine growing up with a name everyone struggles with when they hear it.
The only other Hassner Pepler in SA moved to France, so I am the only one here.
Nine out of ten people I am introduced to repeat “Hasler?” to me.
I am so thankful for the 10%.

Photo Comments
3 years 8 months ago #691091 by Ben Vanderbilt
It seems like a straight forward name if you want my two cents.  Is it pronounced as "Hass-ner"?  Like "David hasselhoff"   with "Hass"? 

Photo Comments
3 years 8 months ago #691103 by Joslyn
I was going to say that isn't a good reference, but then again German folks idolize David Hasselhoff :rofl:

Photo Comments
3 years 8 months ago #691113 by Hassner
Although most of my forefathers are from German decent, there are French and Dutch too.

I do not see myself as any of those, as we have our own language (Afrikaans) and culture that developed in the Cape. 

No Hasselhof fans that I know of. 
As a matter of fact, actors that speak out on politics as if their view should carry weight, made their status fall. So only kids here might idolise actors. 

Photo Comments
3 years 8 months ago #691133 by JaneK
You know me, I have a track record of asking you things a couple times :whistle:   Honestly though, I don't remember this part about your name.  Interesting stuff though.  How many languages do you speak then?

Photo Comments
3 years 8 months ago #691149 by Don Hatch
In my case, just English and a little bit of Spanish.

3 years 8 months ago #691217 by Hassner

JaneK wrote: You know me, I have a track record of asking you things a couple times :whistle:   Honestly though, I don't remember this part about your name.  Interesting stuff though.  How many languages do you speak then?

Only Afrikaans and English. 
And a few sentences in German.
I refreshed my basic skills for Berlin 2 years ago, never needed it.

Photo Comments
3 years 8 months ago #691231 by Overread
Just EANGlish here :rofl:

Photo Comments
3 years 8 months ago #691243 by Luca
Oh man, I'm trying too remember what movie that came from??

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024