Last person to post in this thread wins the "I'm the Man or Woman" and $200 shopping spree

3 years 7 months ago #694252 by Hassner

JaneK wrote: Bad kitty you still have guest over?  I'm entertaining family who are visiting till Thursday.  My home is a mess and FULL.  Good food and wine though.  

Pinkie, I am alone this weekend. Wife and her 3 daughters went away for the weekend. 
I had a friend over for a braai (barbecue) and wine at lunch.

The Great Wall movie is on TV, The Umbrella Academy on Netflix on my laptop, Rooibos (redbush) tea, a local tea in my hand. Life is great.

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694255 by Uplander
What did you think of the Great Wall movie?  CGI was pretty good.  Matt Damon is one of my favorite actors.  Reminds me, I need to watch Good Will Hunting.  

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694256 by Hassner
I enjoyed it, but it was not a movie that I will ever want to watch again. The design/CGI was great, yes. 

No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694259 by Uplander
You know, come to think of it, I have only seen it once.  Did you like "Troy" from about 10 years ago?

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694277 by JaneK

Hassner wrote:

JaneK wrote: Bad kitty you still have guest over?  I'm entertaining family who are visiting till Thursday.  My home is a mess and FULL.  Good food and wine though.  

Pinkie, I am alone this weekend. Wife and her 3 daughters went away for the weekend. 
I had a friend over for a braai (barbecue) and wine at lunch.

The Great Wall movie is on TV, The Umbrella Academy on Netflix on my laptop, Rooibos (redbush) tea, a local tea in my hand. Life is great.

Where do you guys normally vacation there?  Seems most places are a super distance?

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694290 by Hassner
Pinkie, I can holiday 15km from home at the seaside.
Cape Town with all the mountains and beaches around it is 60km away. 
The closest game farm is about 180km away.
The closest game reserve is 770km. 
We choose to keep our holidays under 3 hours drive. 
There is so much variety from lush to desert in my 3 hours.

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694295 by Foggy
Anyone traveling greater than 1000 miles by car while covid?

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694299 by MYoung
We have been keeping it kind of close.  Nothing that far.   Would be nice to see gas prices drop.  

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694304 by NickSano
1000 miles?  LOL that's half way across North America.

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694316 by Sandy Smith Photos
I was just reading that Hawaii has a 14 day quarantine that all guest must do when entering.   That's longer than most peoples vacations! 

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694336 by Rita Sow
Yeah. So better wait for the all of this to be over before going on a vacation.

3 years 7 months ago #694402 by JaneK
Bad kitty, what's a "game farm"?

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694409 by francisbaud

Sandy Smith Photos wrote: I was just reading that Hawaii has a 14 day quarantine that all guest must do when entering.   That's longer than most peoples vacations! 

That's ridiculous, it musts hurt the tourism so much

3 years 7 months ago #694417 by Prago
We were just talking about that last weekend.  We have family out there, and it's crushing things.  

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694422 by Hassner

JaneK wrote: Bad kitty, what's a "game farm"?

Pinkie, some farms are huge due to a lack of water, to be sustainable. Mostly cattle, or sheep. 
Due to preservation farmers allowed buck, zebra on the farm. It brought in extra income during hunting season. Some farms went all the way, lion, rhino... Those are known as game farms with guest cottages, restaurant close to a waterhole... 
Some 5 star, for the super rich. 

So it is a private game (wildlife) reserve on a farm. 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024

A small camera backpack is the perfect vessel for carrying your photography kit. The problem is there’s so many to choose from! Use this guide for details on three top choices.

Apr 04, 2024

In the great Canon R6 vs R6 Mark II, which one is best? Is it the original, groundbreaking R6 or the mildly updated and newer R6 Mark II? Let’s dive in and find out!

Apr 03, 2024