Last person to post in this thread wins the "I'm the Man or Woman" and $200 shopping spree

1 week 23 hours ago #696030 by Don Granger
Listening to you reminds me of traveling to Hawaii.  My neighbor has a house over there, and he spends 6 months of the year over there running a Hawaiian BBQ catering service to incoming tourist.  Right now Hawaii has a 2 week quarantine on all travers coming in.  Which is crushing any tourist that should be coming in right now. 

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 21 hours ago #696041 by Shiela Simons
It the same here.

1 week 20 hours ago #696078 by Hassner
One of the only countries not taking a huge knock is China. 
Ten new cases today, no deaths. 
Their population is so huge, that they can sustain their own tourism industry with closed borders. 

No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

1 week 12 hours ago #696113 by Travis Brunson
Plus they have the cure there.  :whistle:

1 week 8 hours ago #696118 by JaneK
Bad Kitty, yeah things have been slow here too.  The company that I work for where I manage international accounts for trade shows/expos hasn't done much of anything since Covid.  I've done some part time photography gigs here and there, but have been dipping into my savings too.  Times like this you really learn how to make your money stretch!  

You have family that live around you right?

Photo Comments

1 week 5 hours ago #696124 by Hassner
My parents (92) are 20 minutes away.
My sister is in the city, 30min away on a Sunday, 90min in peak traffic.
My daughter and grandchildren is 2 hours away.
My son is 17 hours away. 
My other daughter is 19 hours away. (drive)

So we both have to wait for open borders for our work to continue?

No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

1 week 2 hours ago #696128 by Chris Lee
I went back to the countryside while on lockdown and do some work online. Stetching budget is really the key. 

1 week 1 hour ago #696147 by Hassner
The financial repercussions will have a long term affect. I will have to retire a few years later. 

Photo Comments

6 days 23 hours ago #696151 by JaneK
Oh thats nice to have everyone so close.  My family are in the states.  I agree, it will be YEARS before finances are back to any resemblance of normal. Do you do any night photography?

Photo Comments

6 days 16 hours ago #696211 by Hassner

JaneK wrote: Oh thats nice to have everyone so close.  My family are in the states.  I agree, it will be YEARS before finances are back to any resemblance of normal. Do you do any night photography?

Are you the only one in the UK? WHY? Do you hate the sun? ;)

I did night photography in the days of film. Noise in digital killed it for me. I know there are great advances made, but in camera bodies that still cost too much. I bought a bridge camera for a trip to avoid a camera bag on the trip. It’s night photos were so bad, My iPhone 5? (I think) took better shots. 
I still have to do it for work, night shots in the city. But that is done in a hurry, high ISO, hand held at 1/15 sec in some places even lower. 

Photo Comments

5 days 23 hours ago #696234 by Tony Imaging
Good morning peeps!  

Photo Comments

5 days 21 hours ago #696251 by Stella Marize
Middle of the week! 

5 days 18 hours ago #696280 by Chris Briggs
Man, thank goodness to that!  I'm ready for the weekend.  

Photo Comments

5 days 17 hours ago #696285 by Hassner
Lucky you.
I do not have a job till the borders open. 

Photo Comments

5 days 11 hours ago #696297 by Jon East
Everyone got extended vacations in 2020.   No one wants vacation in 2021!  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

https://static.photocdn.pt/images/articles/2020/09/21/Pentax_K-1_Mark_II_Specs_2.jpg

Sep 21, 2020

The Canon 7D Mark II might be more than five years old, but for sports and wildlife photographers, it's still a great - and affordable - option.

Sep 15, 2020

The Canon PowerShot G5 X II is a high-end compact camera. The question is, is it the right camera for you? Find out in this Canon PowerShot G5 X II review.

Sep 09, 2020

This detailed Olympus OM-D E-M1X review will introduce you to the features, specs, pros, cons, and more of this high-powered sports and action photography camera.

Sep 07, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

To get better at photography, you need to learn how to improve your photos. And to do that, you need to practice essential photography skills. Here's some projects that will help you do just that.

Sep 21, 2020

https://static.photocdn.pt/images/articles/2020/09/21/Pentax_K-1_Mark_II_Specs_2.jpg

Sep 21, 2020

There are many benefits of curved monitors, not the least of which is reduced eye strain. But they also enhance your post-processing experience.

Sep 21, 2020

Learning how to get better at landscape photography is a matter of following a few simple rules. Get better results by following these easy techniques!

Sep 18, 2020

To get good audio for YouTube videos, you need to follow a few "rules of the road."

Sep 16, 2020

Lens filters are a crucial component of a landscape photography kit. But you can't just have them, you need to know how to use them too. Learn what lens filter mistakes to avoid in this tutorial.

Sep 16, 2020

Use these simple photography marketing tips to expand the footprint of your business and be more efficient in communicating with potential clients.

Sep 16, 2020

Our list of gifts for photographers under $50 will give you all the ideas you need to get your favorite photographer an awesome holiday gift this year.

Sep 15, 2020