Last person to post in this thread wins the "I'm the Man or Woman" and $200 shopping spree

3 years 2 months ago #708810 by JaneK
LOL I try

How has your weekend been bad kitty? 

Photo Comments
3 years 2 months ago #708819 by Hassner
Lucky to work Friday, Saturday. 
I searched for a Polish farmhouse. 
Today we did our spiritual upliftment via Zoom, great lunch, then short visit to the parents.
I could only see a fast glimpse of my mom. Dropped some take-away food for her.
She’s in lockdown in a retirement home.

You?

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
3 years 2 months ago #708825 by JaneK
Lets see, well I had a Zoom 'girls night out'.  Which surprisingly a lot of fun.  OMG we were on that Zoom call for nearly 3 hours and I drank nearly half bottle of wine.  That was Friday night.  Yesterday, I cleaned my place, bought a home gym, which get's delivered Wednesday.  Hmmmm, oh went out and walked around town.  As for today, reLAXED!  LOL I caught up on some shows, and watched Cast Away (love that movie). 

Now on the Polish house, was it occupied?  When its occupied, you have to get permission from the people who live there? Does the company pay you for gas and vehicle maintenance?   

Photo Comments
3 years 2 months ago #708847 by Sawyer
BBQ'd yesterday, dang close to my best grilled chicken!  

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
3 years 2 months ago #708850 by Andreau White
I just got back from a mountain hike. 

3 years 2 months ago #708932 by Hassner
Sawyer, BBQ’ed chicken is all about the spices?

Pinkie, I have that much wine when I go out for a meal. 
Polish farmhouse: I go to a region where there there are hills, no mountains, lots of wooden houses in a European style. I ask around, found the owner of the company Rustic Homes. I showed him the reference shots and he could send me to some of his home creations. Owners get a daily fee. 
I get paid per day, car per day, petrol slips... 

No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
3 years 2 months ago #708936 by Pat White
Hmmm BBQ chicken sounds SOOOO good guys!  

3 years 2 months ago #708940 by JaneK

Hassner wrote: Sawyer, BBQ’ed chicken is all about the spices?

Pinkie, I have that much wine when I go out for a meal. 
Polish farmhouse: I go to a region where there there are hills, no mountains, lots of wooden houses in a European style. I ask around, found the owner of the company Rustic Homes. I showed him the reference shots and he could send me to some of his home creations. Owners get a daily fee. 
I get paid per day, car per day, petrol slips... 

Does your company generally use each location for a day or does it generally run longer?  

Photo Comments
3 years 2 months ago #708949 by Don Hatch
:thumbsup:

3 years 2 months ago #709032 by Hassner
Pinky said: "Does your company generally use each location for a day or does it generally run longer?"

Pinkie, it depends on the story.
I mostly work on tv commercials. 
They would use the Polish farmhouse for two days.
Some locations are rented per hour. 
One day for preparations, one to shoot.
A movie might use a location for weeks, a tv series for months. 

Photo Comments
3 years 2 months ago #709040 by JaneK

Hassner wrote: Pinky said: "Does your company generally use each location for a day or does it generally run longer?"

Pinkie, it depends on the story.
I mostly work on tv commercials. 
They would use the Polish farmhouse for two days.
Some locations are rented per hour. 
One day for preparations, one to shoot.
A movie might use a location for weeks, a tv series for months. 

Have they needed to use someones house for weeks months?  How does that work with the people that live there?  Do they become extras in the movie or TV show? :silly:

Photo Comments
3 years 2 months ago #709064 by Hassner
No, they might rent them a place for them, they might go live in a hotel... 
It is negotiated. 

Photo Comments
3 years 2 months ago #709065 by JaneK

Hassner wrote: No, they might rent them a place for them, they might go live in a hotel... 
It is negotiated. 

Do people actually rent out their homes for people to use for XX number of days?  

Photo Comments
3 years 2 months ago #709081 by Hassner
AirB&B rents out houses per day. 

Photo Comments
3 years 2 months ago #709098 by Tim Chiang
You're in SA right?  Are there many AirB&B over there?

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024