Last person to post in this thread wins the "I'm the Man or Woman" and $200 shopping spree

2 months 2 weeks ago #708810 by JaneK
LOL I try

How has your weekend been bad kitty? 

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #708819 by Hassner
Lucky to work Friday, Saturday. 
I searched for a Polish farmhouse. 
Today we did our spiritual upliftment via Zoom, great lunch, then short visit to the parents.
I could only see a fast glimpse of my mom. Dropped some take-away food for her.
She’s in lockdown in a retirement home.

You?

No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #708825 by JaneK
Lets see, well I had a Zoom 'girls night out'.  Which surprisingly a lot of fun.  OMG we were on that Zoom call for nearly 3 hours and I drank nearly half bottle of wine.  That was Friday night.  Yesterday, I cleaned my place, bought a home gym, which get's delivered Wednesday.  Hmmmm, oh went out and walked around town.  As for today, reLAXED!  LOL I caught up on some shows, and watched Cast Away (love that movie). 

Now on the Polish house, was it occupied?  When its occupied, you have to get permission from the people who live there? Does the company pay you for gas and vehicle maintenance?   

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #708847 by Sawyer
BBQ'd yesterday, dang close to my best grilled chicken!  

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #708850 by Andreau White
I just got back from a mountain hike. 

2 months 2 weeks ago #708932 by Hassner
Sawyer, BBQ’ed chicken is all about the spices?

Pinkie, I have that much wine when I go out for a meal. 
Polish farmhouse: I go to a region where there there are hills, no mountains, lots of wooden houses in a European style. I ask around, found the owner of the company Rustic Homes. I showed him the reference shots and he could send me to some of his home creations. Owners get a daily fee. 
I get paid per day, car per day, petrol slips... 

No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #708936 by Pat White
Hmmm BBQ chicken sounds SOOOO good guys!  

2 months 2 weeks ago #708940 by JaneK

Hassner wrote: Sawyer, BBQ’ed chicken is all about the spices?

Pinkie, I have that much wine when I go out for a meal. 
Polish farmhouse: I go to a region where there there are hills, no mountains, lots of wooden houses in a European style. I ask around, found the owner of the company Rustic Homes. I showed him the reference shots and he could send me to some of his home creations. Owners get a daily fee. 
I get paid per day, car per day, petrol slips... 

Does your company generally use each location for a day or does it generally run longer?  

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #708949 by Don Hatch
:thumbsup:

2 months 2 weeks ago #709032 by Hassner
Pinky said: "Does your company generally use each location for a day or does it generally run longer?"

Pinkie, it depends on the story.
I mostly work on tv commercials. 
They would use the Polish farmhouse for two days.
Some locations are rented per hour. 
One day for preparations, one to shoot.
A movie might use a location for weeks, a tv series for months. 

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #709040 by JaneK

Hassner wrote: Pinky said: "Does your company generally use each location for a day or does it generally run longer?"

Pinkie, it depends on the story.
I mostly work on tv commercials. 
They would use the Polish farmhouse for two days.
Some locations are rented per hour. 
One day for preparations, one to shoot.
A movie might use a location for weeks, a tv series for months. 

Have they needed to use someones house for weeks months?  How does that work with the people that live there?  Do they become extras in the movie or TV show? :silly:

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #709064 by Hassner
No, they might rent them a place for them, they might go live in a hotel... 
It is negotiated. 

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #709065 by JaneK

Hassner wrote: No, they might rent them a place for them, they might go live in a hotel... 
It is negotiated. 

Do people actually rent out their homes for people to use for XX number of days?  

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #709081 by Hassner
AirB&B rents out houses per day. 

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #709098 by Tim Chiang
You're in SA right?  Are there many AirB&B over there?

Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III review, learn all about its specs, features, video capabilities, price, and more.

Apr 15, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G7 X II is a few years old now, but does it still hold up as a solid point-and-shoot camera in 2021? Let's find out!

Apr 14, 2021

The Sony a5000 is quite a few years old now, but it still offers specs and features that make it a good entry-level camera.

Apr 07, 2021

In this Panasonic DMC-FZ2500 review, learn about this camera's specs, features, video capabilities, price, and much more.

Apr 06, 2021
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

There are many ways to upgrade your camera - but typically they come at a cost. Try these budget-friendly photography accessories instead.

Apr 20, 2021

Losing photography clients might be the result of any number of mistakes you're making. Learn how to keep your clients happy with these tips.

Apr 19, 2021

Learning how to position lights for photography will give you the skills you need to take better quality portraits, products photos, and much more.

Apr 19, 2021

Using these street photography techniques, you'll learn how to improve the quality of your candid images and create color or black and white images that impress.

Apr 15, 2021

In this beginner photography gear guide, learn about the essential items you need in your kit to enhance your ability to take high-quality photos.

Apr 15, 2021

Use this real estate photography pricing guide to help you set your prices and earn a good living as a real estate photography expert.

Apr 15, 2021

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III review, learn all about its specs, features, video capabilities, price, and more.

Apr 15, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G7 X II is a few years old now, but does it still hold up as a solid point-and-shoot camera in 2021? Let's find out!

Apr 14, 2021