Last person to post in this thread wins the "I'm the Man or Woman" and $200 shopping spree

2 years 11 months ago #714071 by Hassner

JaneK wrote:

Hassner wrote: Yip, off to visit my grandchildren fir the first time in 15 months.
Luckily they visited me twice in that time. 

How did your weekend with your family go?  I painted my living room back to white and put together a new book shelf that came in.  Now all I need are some new books to put on it.  :rofl:

It was great, thanks, Pinkie.
That sounds lonely. Home, paint, bookshelves, reading.
I liked the hiking bit more. 

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #714083 by Jackson Rieger
How are covid situations doing for all of you?  Things calming down?

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #714091 by JaneK

Hassner wrote:

JaneK wrote:

Hassner wrote: Yip, off to visit my grandchildren fir the first time in 15 months.
Luckily they visited me twice in that time. 

How did your weekend with your family go?  I painted my living room back to white and put together a new book shelf that came in.  Now all I need are some new books to put on it.  :rofl:

It was great, thanks, Pinkie.
That sounds lonely. Home, paint, bookshelves, reading.
I liked the hiking bit more. 

yeah, I would have preferred to be doing something else, but I have put off doing these tasks for months!  I just forced myself to stay in and get it done.  Plus side, that book shelf box and paint is no longer sitting in my dining room!  Did you bbq this weekend?

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #714103 by Hassner
No Pinkie. 
I have a stew on the stove now.
On Friday night the wife’s daughter and her fiancé is sleeping over, so we are planning another rib and lamb tjops on the coals. Need to put the rib in some sauce now. Some olive oil and balsamic. 

No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #714111 by JaneK
Super yum, but won't marinating the meat this long spoil it?  I thought I read that you can spoil meat if you marinate for too long?

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #714120 by Hassner
Yes, you must know your timing, but rib can be very tough fresh on the fire. 
So it needs longer time. 
I do not marinade any other meat that I normally use. 
I might age fresh steak by leaving it outside the fridge for a few nights in summer, few days in winter. 

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #714151 by Paris Gal
Have any of you ever tried to dry age your meats?

5D mark II gripped | Canon 100L | Canon 85 1.8 | Sigma 50 1.4 | Tamron 28-75 2.8 | 580ex II | 430ex II x 2 |
Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #714171 by KENT MELTON
You need special climate in order to dry stuff outdoors.  Nordic peeps do it because of salt in air and perfect temps.  

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #714191 by Ruby Grace
No, not true Kent, see this article:  barbecuebible.com/2019/03/15/how-to-dry-age-beef-at-home/

My husband dry ages all the time, it's super easy. 

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #714196 by Frost Photography
True, but either way to correctly age beef from your home like 21 days, which is when you get the magic happening, you need to have the right gear, temp and you need to follow instructions. 

But if you nail it, you get it.  I only know this because our neighbor ages meet as a hobby.  He's been doing this for a very long time.  

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #714203 by Shen, Jiong Men
Hello everyone! Aged beef sounds a good idea for dinner. 

2 years 11 months ago #714256 by Hassner

Paris Gal wrote: Have any of you ever tried to dry age your meats?

Too lazy. 
We can buy aged meat.
And that is the same principle with my ribs in marinade for a few days. Aging.

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #714280 by Ian Stone
Come to NYC, we have some of the best steak houses in the world :drool:

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #714297 by Hassner

Ian Stone wrote: Come to NYC, we have some of the best steak houses in the world :drool:

Too expensive to go just for a steak. :pinch:

Will I get in without a vax passport? 
No vaccination for the general public for at least 6 months. 
Africa, the bastard of the world is last in the queue again. 
Not that I am taking it. 
I’ll stall as long as possible. 

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #714299 by Ian Stone
You haven't had steak from Gallaghers Steakhouse.  It's worth it.  :beerbang:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024