Last person to post in this thread wins the "I'm the Man or Woman" and $200 shopping spree

2 years 2 months ago #731994 by Photo Junky
Hassner - just reading your second to last post.  Sounds like a rough neighborhood!  If you go on walk, will most leave you alone?  

Photo Comments
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #732015 by Hassner
Like any city, you get your rough neighborhoods.

Most of us live behind high fences (some electrified) and electronic gates.
The fashion here lately is fenced security villages.
Farms are easy targets and farm murders were very high.
A #StopFarmMurders campaign made the figures drop, specially after a foreign journalist asked our president about farm murders, but he denied that it happened. It started a huge controversy in the press and social media. 

I walk with my camera on the street daily for my work and never had a problem. Even in the dodgy areas. But I am 6’4”, so I believe they think twice. Also, I look wake up, ready for surprises. 

My wife was car jacked (Car Highjacked) in front of the home garage 10 years ago.
When she refused to get into the car with them, she fell on the ground. The first kicked her blue before they fled off with her car. Lots of YouTube videos of such incidences for you to google. 

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
2 years 2 months ago #732060 by Stanly
Cowards to attack a woman, people like that deserve the worst 

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments
2 years 2 months ago #732075 by Hassner
A sad fact is the amount of crime of those on parole... 

No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
2 years 2 months ago #732105 by Sawyer
Yep, and I'm sure this effects tourism that otherwise would help out legit small businesses there.  

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
2 years 2 months ago #732139 by Shen, Jiong Men
That's for sure. 

2 years 2 months ago #732199 by JaneK
Bad kitty, can you all carry firearms on you there?

Photo Comments
2 years 2 months ago #732218 by Mike McKinnon
Sounds like no one is going to care if you have a gun on you! 

2 years 2 months ago #732235 by Amelia Wilson
This is a very hectic day. 

2 years 2 months ago #732254 by Hassner

JaneK wrote: Bad kitty, can you all carry firearms on you there?

Pinkie, farmers further north all carry fire arms on their farm. 
It is mostly about cattle theft. 
As I said, it depends where you are. 
Tourist are not aware of the high crime here, although I have heard of tour busses that was held up, took all money and phones. 

Photo Comments
2 years 2 months ago #732274 by JaneK
Gotcha.  How are you and your family doing these days?  Anything new with you?  

Photo Comments
2 years 2 months ago #732287 by Hassner
Pinkie, 
All well.
Working again. 

Photo Comments
2 years 2 months ago #732294 by Ian Stone
Howdy all, anything new?

Photo Comments
2 years 2 months ago #732306 by Hassner
New day, new challenges. 

Photo Comments
2 years 2 months ago #732323 by Kenta
New hope!  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024