Last person to post in this thread wins the "I'm the Man or Woman" and $200 shopping spree

1 year 8 months ago #741020 by Sanford
Yep, life is way to short.  As cliche as that may sound, it's true.  Make tomorrow a better day! 

Photo Comments
1 year 8 months ago #741030 by Martha Bronter
Nobody said it was easy. 

1 year 8 months ago #741032 by Hassner
If it was easy, no lessons will be learnt, no satisfaction when challenges are overcome. 

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
1 year 8 months ago #741039 by Colorado Mike
So true, life is all about learning from yesterday, oh and the weekends.  LOL 

Photo Comments
1 year 8 months ago #741043 by Hassner
And when did a hangover ever taught someone a lesson? 

No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
1 year 8 months ago #741052 by Daniel Philips
I think, I will win this time. 

1 year 8 months ago #741074 by JaneK
Never has, only that I don't like to drink or the aftermath.  Which is why I don't drink much.  

Photo Comments
1 year 8 months ago #741075 by JaneK

Hassner wrote:

JaneK wrote:

Hassner wrote: Pinkie, you should know!

I am ALWAYS right here. 
No “were”, no “out there”... 
Right here. 

But I thought you spend the night out in locations sometimes?  Actually how long does it take for you to do what you need to when you get to locations?  Is it just confirming the spot with a few photos, or do you look deeper into each position?   

Pinkie, every job is different.
This one they were looking for a road with 80% sky (no buildings or close by hills or mountains) that can be locked off for the day. (No other traffic allowed.) With 20 years experience I went to the ones I know, photographed them in all the wind directions and few “pretty shots” that will “sell” the location. There were enough time to stop for coffee and lunch and... 

Ohhhhh, I see.  Are you the one that needs to get permits to lock off the road (if needed) or does someone else do that?  

Photo Comments
1 year 8 months ago #741078 by Hassner
Location scouts in America (not sure about UK) for commercials and movies doe everything.
Here it is only done for movies. For commercials we split the jobs. 
I find the locations, get the “okay” and the info from owners for the shooting dates.
A location manager then gets permission for public spaces, goes onto location and see that trucks park in the right areas, get permission for drones, cars into parks, painting of walls, etc. 
I hate paper work. So I stick to seeking locations. I’m never on shoots. 

Photo Comments
1 year 8 months ago #741089 by Chris Lee
The weekend is here. I have no plans at all. 

1 year 7 months ago #741115 by Hassner
No plans are best plans. 
Spur of the moment is the way I like life. 

Photo Comments
1 year 7 months ago #741128 by Shen, Jiong Men
Right. That's right. 

1 year 7 months ago #741148 by Hassner
No wrongs. 

Photo Comments
1 year 7 months ago #741164 by JaneK
I see, do you ever use drones out there personally or to help aid in spots you are looking at? 

Photo Comments
1 year 7 months ago #741169 by Hassner
I was only asked to scot with a drone once.
Car shoot driving through a desert gorge. 
Drones are often used in shoots, but lots of locations do not allow them, because of “safety”.
Drones do not intrigue me. 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024