Important please read 880 no replies

13 years 3 months ago #16153 by photobod
Funny isnt it how we greet people onto the forums and tell them to ask as many questions as they like, because there are lots of people on here that are willing to help, yet there are 44 pages of no replies thats 20 questions per page resulting in 880 unanswered questions, this isnt a critiscism just an observation, I have decided that every time I come on here that I am going to look at the no replies section and try to answer at least three of them, why not join me, there may be a newbie among them that becomes disheartened at not getting an answer and then decides to leave or never ask another, wouldnt want that would we.:lol:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

13 years 3 months ago #16156 by bhowdy
Just making sure this post gets a reply!

It is a good idea .... "No Replies" is directly above any topic in the black tool bar
Link to "No Replies"

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

13 years 3 months ago #16160 by photobod
cheers for the support bhowdy

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

13 years 3 months ago #16166 by Karl Wertanen
I look at "nor replies" 50% of the time i log on and have time. The reason i dont answer many of them is because i dont know the answer or i have an idea but not sure... I dont want to give a best guess i know nothing about and i'm sure i can speak for many others also.
I dont want to be that guy that gives them the wrong answer. :)
13 years 3 months ago #16169 by photobod
fully understand where you are coming from Karl, I dont give an answer if I dont know it but just thought that if more of us looked on a regular basis the better

www.dcimages.org.uk

13 years 3 months ago #16170 by Karl Wertanen

photobod wrote: fully understand where you are coming from Karl, I dont give an answer if I dont know it but just thought that if more of us looked on a regular basis the better

forsure.. Its a good topic to bring up ;)
13 years 3 months ago #16171 by Screamin Scott
I look at the "no replies" periodically to see if I missed a post that I can answer...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #16180 by Gammill
Good idea, I will try to answer a few, I'm usually asking more than asking. What? You guys are smarter than me, at least in the photography side of things :lol: :lol: :lol:

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #16182 by Rob pix4u2
I look up the no replies section regularly to see if I can be of help or at least give directions on who might be able to help, thanks Cooke for bringing this up to the community

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 3 months ago #16185 by Thirsty Beaver
I'm new here, and still learning my way around. Where are you finding out about the threads with no replies?

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #16209 by Alex
Great idea guys! I would say as the site continues to get more traction, the "no replies" will really become a rarity. Over the last couple months, the site is really attracting some pretty impressive photographers who have been on top of current questions. Thank you all for your support on the site! No stone left unturned!

Much respect to you all,

Alex

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #16210 by Alex
There is a black tool bar above that has "Index" "Recent Topics" "New Topics" then "No Replies" ;)

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #16213 by Thirsty Beaver

Alex wrote: There is a black tool bar above that has "Index" "Recent Topics" "New Topics" then "No Replies" ;)

I see it, thank you

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #16227 by luckywish1
i like this idea too this will help others too

13 years 3 months ago #16300 by photobod
I like this site people care:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

www.dcimages.org.uk

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024