Picked up a new toy

12 years 3 months ago #181265 by john_m
Thanks to my wonderful wife, I was able to pick up a LNIB SB-600 last night. I must have sat on the couch for 2 hrs messing with that darn thing :rofl: ....Now I just need to download the pdf manual and figure out how to properly use it lol.

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 3 months ago #181277 by Baydream
Congrats.
Reading the manual? Isn't that sort of un-American? :rolleyes :patriot:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #181280 by orion

Baydream wrote: Congrats.

If anyone can understand the manual.....sort of un-British too :whistle: :whistle:
Ur lucky...i got sb400 looking to upgrade...:lol:

12 years 3 months ago #181281 by john_m
haha, I just need to figure what all the little letters mean......:whistle:

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 3 months ago #181289 by Ednra
Congrats to the new toy! Have fun.

12 years 3 months ago #181290 by B22 G6

:rofl: un American like haha. I thought it was just males who do not read manuals. :rofl:

12 years 3 months ago #181292 by Baydream

B22 G6 wrote:

:rofl: un American like haha. I thought it was just males who do not read manuals. :rofl:

That "male" thing is a myth spread by women. My wife never reads the manuals on anything. If she doesn't understand it, she experiments or calls our son :kiss:

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #181296 by McBeth Photography
Let there be light!!! I love new toy days, congrats! :)

It is what it is.
12 years 3 months ago #181302 by B22 G6

Baydream wrote:

B22 G6 wrote:

That "male" thing is a myth spread by women. My wife never reads the manuals on anything. If she doesn't understand it, she experiments or calls our son :kiss:

:rofl: At least she doesn't experiment on you...that could hurt at times. :rofl:

12 years 3 months ago #181304 by john_m
haha, thanks everyone....

Nikon D200

12 years 3 months ago #181306 by ShotbyMe

McBeth Photography wrote: Let there be light!!! I love new toy days, congrats! :)

Me too. It's like opening a present on Christmas.

12 years 3 months ago #181376 by Baydream

B22 G6 wrote:

Baydream wrote:

B22 G6 wrote:

:rofl: At least she doesn't experiment on you...that could hurt at times. :rofl:

She does that with her new recipes. :P / :sick: but mostly on the :P side.

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #182025 by Stealthy Ninja
I have two SB-600s they're ok. Congrats on seeing the light though. :whistle:
12 years 3 months ago #182031 by Alex
Congrats on the new flash! Did you take the photo in your avatar? Did you use an automotive photography rig or take the shot from another car? :judge:

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #182107 by john_m
Thanks Alex and no, that photo was done by a buddy of mine from another car .

Nikon D200

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024