How Many Of You......

13 years 5 months ago #2298 by nancy
Plan your vacations around phtography?

My vacations are usually planned around my family, but I wish just one time I could go on a trip just for the sake of getting a great picture.

13 years 5 months ago #2304 by gordon
I have not got to do this yet either. But I plan on taking a photo vacation in the near future.

13 years 5 months ago #2307 by flyingv
I hope to do something like this one day.

13 years 5 months ago #2330 by bittersweet
I have!! One day I had some free time and decided to go out driving through the countryside looking for a Kodak moment!!

13 years 5 months ago #2909 by Sam
no I've never done that....my vacations are for family...then photography comes in 2nd : )

13 years 5 months ago #2914 by littlethings

Sam wrote: no I've never done that....my vacations are for family...then photography comes in 2nd : )

I agree with Sam here on this one. lol

13 years 5 months ago #2939 by HAMEL
i just went to San Fransico with a girl friend and all we did was take pictures, it was great first time in my life.

13 years 5 months ago #4475 by phototex
I almost always travel with my wife, but 2 years ago, I took my dream trip to Lake Clark NP in Alaska to photograph brown bears. Wish I could do it again in Katmai NP!

13 years 5 months ago #4478 by bhowdy
Now that our two boys are grown, thru college and married EVERY trip that we take is planned around photography. My wife loves the beach so we take trips that include beach time and are near National Wildlife Refuges, lighthouses, etc. She also loves the outdors so many of our trips are to National Parks, etc.

Next up .... November 1st for the Space Shuttle launch. Next summer two weeks in Alaska.

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

13 years 5 months ago #4587 by Janet
no..most of the time its a planned family vacation....then photography kicks in.

13 years 5 months ago #5050 by F220
Family interest comes in first, but photography always figures in.

Last summer I was blessed to get a month off work. The whole family went on a road trip that included Theodore Roosevelt NP, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, Yellowstone NP, San Juan Islands (WA), and many other stops in between. Had a great time and took thousands of photos.

13 years 5 months ago #5070 by canon4me
yeah me too!

13 years 5 months ago #5124 by Nod
We don't plan for just photography but I always seem to get a 1000 or so shots in. I shoot digital and the wife shoots film. We're leaving for a cruise on the Danube this weekend so I'm sure there will be a lot of photo opts.

13 years 5 months ago #5132 by Lindsey

Nod wrote: We don't plan for just photography but I always seem to get a 1000 or so shots in. I shoot digital and the wife shoots film. We're leaving for a cruise on the Danube this weekend so I'm sure there will be a lot of photo opts.

How fun! How long is your cruise? We were just talking about wanting to do a cruise in spring.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #10925 by crystal
When my husband and I go anywhere, it's based on things to do. Such as hiking, picture opps, kayaking etc.. Pretty much where we go, will be outdoors and will have amazing sites to see and to take pictures. Overlooks, wildlife, lakes, oceans etc...

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024