What Type Of Photographer Are You.....

13 years 6 months ago #2713 by wizardofoz
So what type of photographer are you? A professional, a hobbyiest? Have you made this your career or do you shoot photos on the side?

I am a hobbyiest who would like to make photography my career.

13 years 6 months ago #2715 by airplane
Right now it is a hobby but I am a beginner. We will see how things go but I can definately see photography turning into something more.

13 years 6 months ago #2740 by Tink
Working my way slowly into a career.

13 years 6 months ago #2744 by Rainy
Photography is currently a hobby, maybe someday it will be a career.

13 years 6 months ago #2755 by flyingv
I am definatly a hobbyiest. Although I love photography I just do not have enough time to do it.

13 years 6 months ago #3596 by stevesevilempire
Hi,
I have spent most of my life taking newspaper photo's and selling them, staff jobs here and there but mostly I guess I would describe myself as an accidental photojournalist, all I can say is the monies appalling, the hours are looooong, the conditions are what they are, and unless you love it don't do it.
I wouldn't do anything else though, its liberating and often frustrating but fulfilling, my only surprise is really with the word professional, because once you acknowledge you are reflecting the world as you see it then photography becomes another way of talking, it's always in your own voice so since I write a lot as well I would say I am a professional Steve.
My main motivation has always been curiosity and the camera is a great excuse to go and look......
So I guess that makes me a curious professional, I hope that curiosity doesn't kill me one day.
;-) Steve

The following user(s) said Thank You: matthieu
13 years 3 months ago #12595 by PiperxLove
Right Now Obviously im just a Hobbyiest, But I am planning to go to school for Photography and hopefully make a carreer out of it!

13 years 3 months ago #12602 by photobod
I am an amatuer turned pro 3 years ago, been taking photos since I was twelve, do mostly weddings and portraits

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

13 years 3 months ago #12724 by luckywish1
i take pictures of sunset and sunrise, and birds and people so far and building too

13 years 3 months ago #12764 by Scotty
Pro Commercial.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #12766 by Alex
I'm just having a good time with my camera's. I would say I'm a hobbyist.

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024